• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Botha's action cleared by ICC

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not overly impressed with him as a bowler. I don't see him being a whole lot more effective than Nicky Boje, if at all more so.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good to see, although I have serious misgivings about his action and don't really rate him as a bowler at least we aren't being discriminated against when it comes to chucking..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good for South African cricket, he can be given a go at international level and if he fails then he just gets chucked in the heap with all the rest of South Africa's useless spinners. But I do hope he does well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Horrible, horrible action.

Sweepstake on the number of international games before he's reported again? I'll take 2.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Tbh, I reckon if he does get back in the side he'll just get reported and suspended and we'll just go through the same process again.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ehh..I don't think he is all that good of a bowler. But he's an off spinner and he already chucks. So it shouldn't be too hard to pick up the doosra, which would really make him effective.

Langeveldt said:
Good to see, although I have serious misgivings about his action and don't really rate him as a bowler at least we aren't being discriminated against when it comes to chucking..
Then why is Brett Lee not banned despite his action reported to ICC twice by Indian umpire Venkatraghvan.If a white umpire had reported an asian's action,then that poor asian guy would've been immediately banned.Botha was banned because they knew he's useless.So,he was used as a sacrificial lamb just to prove that ICC is not a racist sporting body(which we know it is).

Langeveldt

Soutie
BhupinderSingh said:
Then why is Brett Lee not banned despite his action reported to ICC twice by Indian umpire Venkatraghvan.If a white umpire had reported an asian's action,then that poor asian guy would've been immediately banned.Botha was banned because they knew he's useless.So,he was used as a sacrificial lamb just to prove that ICC is not a racist sporting body(which we know it is).
haha, welcome to the thread, glad you could join us

Did you hear that one about all the white folk?
No...
Heard they were all scum tbh...

SA

Banned
pasag said:
I reckon it's time to talk about banning BhupinderSingh just quietly.
I haven't posted enough on the forum to know that what type of person BhupinderSingh is but I think everyone has the right to put his opinion before others on these boards,so does BhupinderSingh.If u don't like his posts,doesn't mean he should be banned.

R_D

International Debutant
PhoenixFire said:
How on earth has Brett Lee got a dodgy action? It beats me.
much better now... it did use to be very suspicious before though... he did eventually get reported and did some work with Dennis Lille to re-model his action a bit.