• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tie-breaker for 2nd Opener in 1946-65 World test XI

Tie-breaker for 2nd Opener in 1946-65 World Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie tragic

International Captain
This is a 3-day tie-breaker for the 2nd Opener for the 1946-65 World Test XI (since we couldn't decide which of the three below should partner Len Hutton):

Hanif Mohammad (Pak): 48 tests, 3584 runs @ 44.80 (11/15) HS 337 ----- (2578 @ 42.96)

Arthur Morris (Aus): 46 tests, 3533 runs @ 46.48 (12/12) HS 206 ----- (3381 @ 45.68)

Bob Simpson (Aus): 41 tests, 2999 runs @ 45.43 (4/19) HS 311 ----- (2599 @ 52.22) ----- 37 wkts @ 47.21

btw, the 1946-65 World Test XI so far:

1. Len Hutton
2. ................
3. Clyde Walcott

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I will vote for Hanif Mohammad seeing as how Sutcliffe didn't make it into the tie breaker.

JBH001

International Regular
Sorry earlier openers thread I got Hazare and Hanif mixed up - my bad.

Anyway, therefore I shall revote (and despite my liking for a left/right hand combination of Morris and Hutton) and cast my ballot in favour of Hanif Mohammed and Len Hutton.

bagapath

International Captain
it has to be morris. hanif is also a dour player like hutton. and a right hander. morris would bring in more exciting stroke play and help upset the line of opening bowlers with the left - right combination.

oz_fan

International Regular
bagapath said:
it has to be morris. hanif is also a dour player like hutton. and a right hander. morris would bring in more exciting stroke play and help upset the line of opening bowlers with the left - right combination.
Agreed. Morris for me.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I originally voted Simpson - but given he's not going to get up, out of Hanif and Morris, I choose Morris, for the reasons Bagapath outlined.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Couldn't split them, so I looked at how the voting was going and ended up going for Hanif to even it up.