• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Round Table?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The Cricinfo Roundtable is a good idea, and I'm wondering if we should do something similar. Maybe someone volunteers to host it, and a couple members from CW call in and have a telephone conference on several issues facing cricket. We can do it over the web if everyone has a mic, or we can have a telephone number that can be called.

What do the mods think? I think it might be a great addition to CW, it could be like a monthly or even a weekly thing.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Better doing it on MSN than on the phone, you wouldnt understand me for starters, not to mention Neil Pickup
If people understand Bumble they can understand me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And I'd much rather have a phone, its much better listening to people than reading a transcript (I mean how's that different from your normal thread anyway).

Plus you can put it on the main page, I'll host the MP3's on my server if its a bandwith issue.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Imagine listening to C_C and co's huge posts on the phone.. Mental, what if Richard came back and got a gig? Those of you who have been to a CW meet will appreciate that using a phone or skype, is a mental idea..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Imagine listening to C_C and co's huge posts on the phone.. Mental, what if Richard came back and got a gig? Those of you who have been to a CW meet will appreciate that using a phone or skype, is a mental idea..

Well I mean its the hosts job to keep the discussion focused. I say its worth a try, if it doesn't work, we just wouldn't try it again.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
Well I mean its the hosts job to keep the discussion focused. I say its worth a try, if it doesn't work, we just wouldn't try it again.
Imagine Neil "Guys guys, look bloody hell you're acting like a bunch of seven year olds! I've coached foetuses with more attention than you lot"

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Imagine Neil "Guys guys, look bloody hell you're acting like a bunch of seven year olds! I've coached foetuses with more attention than you lot"
That would be quite funny, as it would come out like:

*garble* *garble* BLOODY HELL *garble* SEVEN *garble**garble**garble*

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Next person to question my heritage gets serious payback. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day they'll pay. I HAVE NO YORKSHIRE BLOOD!

I've not much idea of the technology involved, but if someone can set things up then I think it would be a great idea.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
Next person to question my heritage gets serious payback. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day they'll pay. I HAVE NO YORKSHIRE BLOOD!
You people are picky about these things, aren't ya? :laugh:

Neil Pickup said:
I've not much idea of the technology involved, but if someone can set things up then I think it would be a great idea.
I can investigate the technology -- in the meantime, who will be on? Do you want to be a panel member or the host? I say we keep it to three guys + host in the first round to prevent too many scheduling conflicts. Also, after that we need to come up with a list of topics.

I, being the most eloquent and knowledgeable poster on the boards, will take up the first spot ;). Neil, I assume you are #2 (and potentially the host). So we need two more long time posters (at least 3000 posts on the board required, minimum..so its a personality that people know)?