• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Round Table?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
Let someone who knows their way around the technology host!
Are you in as a panel member though? I'll host, I'll forego giving my opinion on the dismal state of Indian pace bowling until the next one :).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
We should have like four topics, I think. Each member gets to talk for like 1-2 mins on each topic, so you get 5-6 mins per topic, and so it will last 20-25 mins.

Anyone recommend topics? Anything goes, as long as its relatively controversial, but not 100% opinion based (i.e can use some facts to back up the argument).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Are you in as a panel member though? I'll host, I'll forego giving my opinion on the dismal state of Indian pace bowling until the next one :).
Yeah in as panellist.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Neil, I assume you are #2 (and potentially the host). So we need two more long time posters (at least 3000 posts on the board required, minimum..so its a personality that people know)?
Something to look forward to after 500 more posts.

TBH, I know more about andmarks's personality than people with 3000+ posts but 3/4 of them are in off topic.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:
Something to look forward to after 500 more posts.

TBH, I know more about andmarks's personality than people with 3000+ posts but 3/4 of them are in off topic.
Goughy, you're one of the best posters on this site...you want in?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, I already have two topics in mind which I want to ask and get people's opinions on without them thinking about it too much beforehand. The other two topics are open for suggestions.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Pretty poor idea IMO. Would be no different to the cricinfo one except we've never played test cricket.
Its a fun little something. You guys can judge at the end if it was successful or not.

And frankly, I'd much rather listen to the opinion of some of the posters on this site than a lot of the ******** commentators who've played test cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
silentstriker said:
Sanjay seems to push his opinion as much as possible in that Roundtable. If anyone dare suggested that maybe modern day batsmen are any good he kept pushing and pushing that they're not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Jono said:
Sanjay seems to push his opinion as much as possible in that Roundtable. If anyone dare suggested that maybe modern day batsmen are any good he kept pushing and pushing that they're not.
I promise to do my best not to do that. How about you - do you want in as a panelist? You can counterbalance my Indian pace bowling hate ;), assuming any question is related to that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Depends when it would happen. I'm gone from 24 Nov to Dec 4, but after that I'd be interested.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
We should have like four topics, I think. Each member gets to talk for like 1-2 mins on each topic, so you get 5-6 mins per topic, and so it will last 20-25 mins.
Rules me out then, that length of chat being needed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I can apparently only give one liners.

Aside from that I wouldn't have the time to make such a commitment at the moment...