• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who to look out for

brockley

International Captain
in the australia under 19's this year.
Anyone any names any future champs.
Heard good things about 16 year old allrounder adam coyte brother of scot,bowls fast and bats well.
Know tassie will have a decent under 19 side wade,jeff wells and j faulkner peter faulkners' son.Heard craig mcdermott's son will be in the qld under 17 side.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Depends how they pick the U/19 side this year. Whether it's just based on the performances in the carnival and becomes an honorary team, like two years ago when the championships were in Melbourne, and outside of that they pick a provisional squad for the next Youth World Cup.

However, assuming that the U/19 side will actually play games, Joel Davies is currently playing for Victoria in the 2nd XI side, along with Michael Hill (who is bottom age U/19), while Simon Keen is still eligible for U/19s this year, and Matt Day will probably do alright. While the spinner Burns (??) is also OK.

Faulkner bowls well for Tassie. And Johnathon (not Jeff) Wells always looks pretty good, although I've never seen him make a big score.

brockley

International Captain
Yeh heard of michael hill a decent batsmen.
Sorry got a few names wrong but don't know much about these lads.
I know they have a preliminary squad for the 2008 youth world cup,so they thinking ahead.
We have the under 19 champs in december and the u 17's in january,as yet no internationals pencilled unto the world cup in 2008.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
There was a rumour around that we'd host India in reciprocation after the Aus side went there for the WC preparation. I'd hazard a guess that the same process as last time would occur then - after this season's National Carnival, they'll pick an U/18 squad, and have a few camps. Then select a team to play against India.

brockley

International Captain
Would that be tests and/or one dayers vic.
The india under 19 is a good side 1 of the best good team to guage your propgress against.
Faulkner did well in the just finished 2nd xl game took a 3 or 4 for.
Wade plays regularly with tas 3nd xl and with his hong kong brings a lot of xperience to the side could well be captain.

Coyte is decent but is a far way off U19's I would think possibly in witha shout of the 17's he is only playing 3rd Grade But saying that promising.

Keen is a good cricketer year or two before he could be making his way into NSW 2nds

brockley

International Captain
They picked moises henriques at 17 for the youth world cup so you never know he is a genuine allrounder apaprently.He was in the under 16 australian team earlier this year and was the star of the side.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The Coyte Family are awesome... They are all stars in the making, including Sarah who constantly puts in big performances..

but saying that I think it is highly unlikely for Adam to make the U19's as a result of still being in 1st Grade Moises went from Green Shield in U15's to Playing First Grade and it be expected of you to play at the very least 1st Grade and Potentially 2nd XI Cricket or State Cricket.

This lives Adam in a Precarious Position as the matter is he is still in third grade. Still a very good player though.

I watched Scott Coyte last season when he played 1st grade against my brother's side he was a fiery character but bowled very well but sometimes strayed it a lot. This Year he came in and bowled on a length beautifally targeting batsmen's weaknesses unlike the previous year where he tried to bowl out and out quick and at the batsmen.

This is possibly something that has improves enormously while in the state squad.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
He's English, but remember the name Sam Northeast.

Also Jean Symes, he's a South African, but remember him too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jean Symes has been carving up in South African domsetic cricket. Made some big scores.

Son Of Coco

Blewy said:
The Coyte Family are awesome... They are all stars in the making, including Sarah who constantly puts in big performances..
Yeah, Russell is a pretty impressive bushman.

brockley

International Captain
I know scott went to the youth world cup 3 years ago,and he also opens for campbelltown sometimes dunno how succssful he is tho at opening, his bowling is good at least.

Perm

There is a 19 year old guy playing club cricket in Southland called Shaun Fitzgibbon, he is a wicket keeper batsman and has been selected in the Southland cricket team for the last couple of years. I think he will play for the Black Caps one day, amazingly talented.

Perm

Otago already have quite a good wicket keeper in Gareth Hopkins and so do most other province's, I wasn't sure whether he had played for the New Zealand Under 19's but he certainly is a talent. So is Todd Astle, an opening batsman from Canterbury who bowls some useful medium pacers. He has a big future ahead of him.

brockley

International Captain
Belinda wilson who is the head of the academy was on radio today said they are holding frequent camps for the aussie under 19 squad,so they are planing towards 2008.
Tim nielson will have a lot to do with the squad.
Don't think there is any under 19 players playing state cricket at the moment.
Simon keen had a good time at the previous world youth cup and with wicket keeper wade who was there gives the team a bit of experience.

brockley

International Captain
Read that adam crossthwait's brother is playing for the canberra comets he is in their under 19 squad too.
They were talking about geoff marsh's son he is quite a prospect at the age of 15 is in the WA under side,they reckon he is better than sean.