• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who to look out for

brockley

International Captain
Marsh plays 3rd grade apparently but is scoring heavy runs thats why he is in the under 19 side despite being so young.

brockley

International Captain
BTW adams' brothers' name is jamie crossthwaite scored a few runs for the comets,dunno when he made the move to canberra tho.
Does anyone know how soon the championships are on must be soon.? do you know where anyon?

check on cricket.com.au for all the championships there are a few guys in my afe Group like Nathan Brain.

I also no two U17's Timm Van Der Gugten he is only 16(same age as Adam Coyte) has played 1st grade while the highest Coyte has played is 3rd grade was the 7th youngest ever 1st grade player ever.

And Johnathan Whealing this guy has always been a gun and scored very heavily in Green Shield last year.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
brockley said:
Read that adam crossthwait's brother is playing for the canberra comets he is in their under 19 squad too.
They were talking about geoff marsh's son he is quite a prospect at the age of 15 is in the WA under side,they reckon he is better than sean.
James Crosthwaite played last year for the Comets in the U/19s, and I'm pretty sure that he must be one of their over-age players this year (remembering NT and ACT are allowed two U/20 players in their side). He moved up there when Simon Helmot, ACT Coach, headed up there, to get a game in the Nationals which he wouldn't have gotten in Victoria.

Championships are in Adelaide, I'd say that they'd start this Sunday or Monday.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Todd Astle is a leg-spinner. The reason Fitzgibbon hasn't cracked the Otago side is probably because Hopkins was rated the next best keeper in NZ behind McCullum at least until this year anyway.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The natural talent coming through the ranks in NZ is getting much much better but I think we currently have 2 stand-out batsmen who will surprise many who think NZ are incapable of producing naturally gifted players. Ross Taylor and Jesse Ryder.

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Craig Kieswetter should be good to watch next year; have heard nothing but good things about him.

ps: Tim, ur alive! :laugh:

Anna

International Vice-Captain
Fair enough. How's it gone? Being a first year (again lol) I'm doing the usual amount of nothing 8-) Am supposed to be finishing a field report now but can hardly keep my eyes open. Will have to finish tomorrow....hopefully, I won't have too many marks off for handing it in late (was due fri just gone. Oooops!).

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll have to talk to you on MSN soon as im guessing we'll be blamed for going OT!

brockley

International Captain
The champion ships started,murphy,sarna 100's who played last year is he indian jack,and wade 90 odd.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
4th round completed,j pattinson obviously darren pattinsons' brother too 6 for 28.J newnham got 112 vs northern territory.Not many big scores in the tournament or big wicket takings,j faulkner took 4 for 14 and s austin 4 for 25.
Wade and keen seem to be the only guys left from last years world cup team,remember w irvine playing for the ACT last season and sarna from victoria.Michael hill had a very quiet tournament.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Wade Irvine is the overage player for ACT along with James Crosthwaite, I'm pretty sure.

James Pattinson is a gun, only U/17s and fairly comfortably Vic's best pace bowler in the U/19 side.

brockley

International Captain
Who is the p hughes for NSW 167 wow wee :cool: against a decent WA attack too,have to look out for him in the aussie u 19 side.

brockley

International Captain
NSWclosing in on the under 19 title with 1 game to go.
Simon keen having a good series.
Hopefully the under 19 side will be named soon.

vic_orthdox said:
Wade Irvine is the overage player for ACT along with James Crosthwaite, I'm pretty sure.

James Pattinson is a gun, only U/17s and fairly comfortably Vic's best pace bowler in the U/19 side.
I assume he is Pattinson who is playing for the Vics now brother?

brockley said:
NSWclosing in on the under 19 title with 1 game to go.
Simon keen having a good series.
Hopefully the under 19 side will be named soon.
Keen is going well has improved his performances in Grade this year as well i think maybe 2 or 3 seasons from a NSW Contract.