• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this a chuck?

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well, since Rich did, i thought i mgiht aswell give it a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgYQDIw6TI

This is close to but not exactly what i look like in a match, the ground was very soft(It was the end of September) so i didn't run in of attack the crease as much as i try to normaly.

I get accused of chucking by pretty much everyone, so is my action legal? I can't feel my arm bending at all in delivery, but that's probably cause i'm so used to it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
open365 said:
Well, since Rich did, i thought i mgiht aswell give it a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgYQDIw6TI

This is close to but not exactly what i look like in a match, the ground was very soft(It was the end of September) so i didn't run in of attack the crease as much as i try to normaly.

I get accused of chucking by pretty much everyone, so is my action legal? I can't feel my arm bending at all in delivery, but that's probably cause i'm so used to it.
Can't tell from the video, but:

1) you need to jump
2) you need to bend your back
3) your feet are in a weird position
4) you need to run a bit faster
5) your toes should be pointing straight, not towards the slips
6) your follow through needs a bit of work
7) when running in, show some purpose, your arms seem to flail a bit

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Can't tell from the video, but:

1) you need to jump
2) you need to bend your back
3) your feet are in a weird position
4) you need to run a bit faster
5) your toes should be pointing straight, not towards the slips
6) your follow through needs a bit of work
7) when running in, show some purpose, your arms seem to flail a bit
Have you ever reached #7 with an Indian seamer before?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also,

8) You seemed to slow down a lot before launching into your final step, which you should avoid. You're killing part of the momentum.

But you should wait for Goughy to come on and give you some better advice ;).

Nishant

International 12th Man
In all honesty, from what i could tell in the video, that was not a chuck....but there were a few faults with ur action...i.e. ways in which u could improve ur bowling. SS sums a few quite well there!

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Answer to the original question. I wouldnt call it a no-ball in a game, though there is a small but noticable bend (see below). Ive played with guys at a high level with far worse 'chucking' actions.

The business end of the action looks ok. But any business needs investment and you are pinching the pennys with the run-up, leap and coil.

Ill post more in a bit when I have more time.