• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3-1 or 1-3

Should Aussies Change?

• Total voters

archie mac

International Coach
Should Australia fall into line with the rest of the crciketing world and put the No. of wickets behind the No. of runs?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon they should change it, so when I just switch on the TV and the score is 0/1 or 1/0 I have no idea whether a wicket has fallen or not, because I forget which method is being used.

Not too fussed either way, but uniformity on something so simple like this makes the game that much more organised, and also simpler for people just learning the game.

tooextracool

International Coach
IMO they should change it. A score reading '56/0' is supposed to say 56 runs for the loss of no wickets, and i get quite annoyed when some of the Australian commentators say none for 56, it just doesnt make any sense.

oz_fan

International Regular
Jono said:
I reckon they should change it, so when I just switch on the TV and the score is 0/1 or 1/0 I have no idea whether a wicket has fallen or not, because I forget which method is being used.

Not too fussed either way, but uniformity on something so simple like this makes the game that much more organised, and also simpler for people just learning the game.
Agreed. It gets too confusing especially when a team has lost a couple of wickets for not many runs.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely change it. The traditional Aussie way is ********.

Batting total must come first.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
tooextracool said:
it just doesnt make any sense.
To you!! :-O

I always want to know how many batsmen are out first and then the score.

It really depends on how you were brought up. For me its natural to have wickets/runs because thats the way its always been (for me). I don't see why it should change to please a few whingers who can't adapt. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tell you what, you blokes can keep 0/56 & what-have-you if you agree to show all speed gun measurements in MPH. Deal? Kilometres just don't cut it.

Every time you use the metric system an angel dies.

tooextracool

International Coach
mavric41 said:
To you!! :-O

I always want to know how many batsmen are out first and then the score.

It really depends on how you were brought up. For me its natural to have wickets/runs because thats the way its always been (for me). I don't see why it should change to please a few whingers who can't adapt. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.!!
all the other countries arent following the same route, so its hardly 'a few whingers'. Its pretty much equivalent to the USA trying to be unique by not using the conventional celsius system for their temperature

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Tell you what, you blokes can keep 0/56 & what-have-you if you agree to show all speed gun measurements in MPH. Deal? Kilometres just don't cut it.

Every time you use the metric system an angel dies.
I don't know what you're talking about, Kilometres are the way to go mate. You Pom's should change just to please your former colonies.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
all the other countries arent following the same route, so its hardly 'a few whingers'. Its pretty much equivalent to the USA trying to be unique by not using the conventional celsius system for their temperature
A better example is the US using Month/Day/Year instead of Day/Month/Year

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yes, I would be completely in favor of Australia switching to the more universal method of runs/wickets. Much less confusing.

And a good catch from Brumby. England really needs to move away from this 51st state nonsense, get with the EU program and start using metrics. :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
tooextracool said:
Except farenheit is an older scale than the "conventional" celcius.