• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3-1 or 1-3

Should Aussies Change?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Soutie
Slow Love™ said:
England really needs to move away from this 51st state nonsense, get with the EU program and start using metrics. :)
Pretty much everything here is metric, except for road signs, so that makes things pretty confusing.. And if everyone is taught in metric nowadays, why aren't road signs metric?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Slow Love™ said:
And a good catch from Brumby. England really needs to move away from this 51st state nonsense, get with the EU program and start using metrics. :)
Back off Brussels! We didn't fight (& win, I might add) two World Wars to let the Kaiser in through the back door! :p

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Pretty much everything here is metric, except for road signs, so that makes things pretty confusing
No it isn't. AFAIK, most people (up here atleast) still go into a butchers and ask for what they want in pounds rather than kilograms and I've rarely heard someone describe a persons height in metres. Sure, everything's taught in metric now, but the way I've been brought up always left me wondering wtf they were trying to teach me because I've never used metric units and, as far as I'm aware, the majority of the public still uses imperial measurements in practice. Or maybe St Helens is just backwards.

archie mac

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Why not keep those eight ball overs too?
It was only changed back to six, so they could have more ad breaks :@

I would have thought that 8 ball overs would mean more balls bowled in a day, because of less change overs?

eg ODI would be 40 overs of 8 balls which means ten less change overs.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Let them keep it the way it is, I like a bit of vareity, hate all these moves towards uniformity.

FTR WRT the metric/imperial discussion, I was taught metric all my time at school but i'm much more comfortable using miles/stones etc in everyday life for some reason.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
superkingdave said:
Let them keep it the way it is, I like a bit of vareity, hate all these moves towards uniformity.

FTR WRT the metric/imperial discussion, I was taught metric all my time at school but i'm much more comfortable using miles/stones etc in everyday life for some reason.
Yeah so do I and I was never taught imperial. Although I do weight in kilos most of the time, save weighing myself.

I'm with Dave on the scoring debate as well, let them keep it their way.