• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3-1 or 1-3

Should Aussies Change?

• Total voters

Matt79

Global Moderator
Everyone else should change to the Aussie way - it makes more sense. The important info goes first. How many wickets down is the most important part of the scoreline 9 times out of 10, so it should go first.

Besides, we're the #1 team, so we should be allowed to set these kinds of rules...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I hate the other way, wicketss 1st and runs after thats the way it should be. All the other countries should do it the other way. Also all speed clocks should be changed to KPM, everytime i see MPH i have to do some maths and thats not a good thing.

I don't know where vote in the poll TBH, my passport say Australian, but my heart says someone esle.

Josh

International Regular
As it's been said, it all depends on where you're brought up viewing cricket, I suppose. Aussies (generally) would always prefer the 5 wickets 400 runs method.

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Josh said:
As it's been said, it all depends on where you're brought up viewing cricket, I suppose. Aussies (generally) would always prefer the 5 wickets 400 runs method.
For us Poms, that translates to "140 runs 8 wickets" :(

Langeveldt

Soutie
tooextracool said:
all the other countries arent following the same route, so its hardly 'a few whingers'. Its pretty much equivalent to the USA trying to be unique by not using the conventional celsius system for their temperature
The USA has different procedures and names for absolutely everything in Aviation, even what you say when you wait at the runway for clearance.. There is no way it will ever change either, and it makes the Aussie scoring system for cricket look nothing..

I'd rather everything was standardised, but it never will be

PhoenixFire

International Coach
silentstriker said:
4/200 is just ********.

200/4 makes more sense.

Best discussion ever though. :ph34r:

I agree, it annoys me when the Aus/SA commentators say things that don't make sense to me. Why can't they just speak in the proper way :ph34r: