• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

favourite bowler during the 90's

Beleg

International Regular
really!!!??? why was he among your favourites?
I liked his grit and tenacity as a batsman. As a bowler I liked his run-up (reminded me of a convoy of ants marching off military style) and the fact that he often used to give Pakistani batsmen some trouble. He was one of those guys who aren't endowed with as much talent as their more famous team-mates but make up for it by their attitude, gutsiness and commitment.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
In no particular order

- Ambrose, the close to perfect tall fat bowler
- Donald, the close to perfect athletic fast bowler
- Waqar, Genius with so much talent
- Gough, for the bustle and helping raise Eng cricket profile
- Warne, that ball and the rest
- Angus Fraser, quality and planning in evey ball

Langeveldt

Soutie
Allan Donald - Inspirational, his duelling with Mike Atherton got me interested in cricket as a kid in the first place.. Who needs Twenty20? We just need more cricketers like him..

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Allan Donald, Curtley Ambrose, Shane Warne, Muttiah Muralidharan, Saqlain Mushtaq and Shoaib Akthar all spring to mind.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Wasim Akram. My dream all time new ball attack - purely for the two men I'd most like to watch - would be Akram at one end and Ray "poetry in motion" Lindwall at the other.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
He was your favourite during the 90s?
Okay. I checked. I was wrong. The best bowlers of this period were Waqar, Wasim, Ambrode and Donald.

All of them were fabulous. Between 273 to 309 wickets, at between 20.2 to 21.8 per wicket and a strike rate of 41 to 52 balls per wicket.

Its very difficult to chose between them but against all popular opinion I would chose Waqar and Donald as the top two.

I would be happy to have an attack with both these.

If still pressed, I would chose Waqar for devastating cpacity to strike suddenly, at any time