Congratulations to the following:
Craig - 14000 Posts
age_master - 13000 Posts
Nnanden - 10000 Posts
Samuel_Vimes - 9000 Posts
Robertinho - 7000 Posts
vic_orthdox - 7000 Posts
_Ed_ - 4000 Posts
dontcloseyoureyes - 4000 Posts
Alternative - 3000 Posts
Dravid - 2000 Posts
GeraintIsMyHero - 2000 Posts
Josh - 1000 Posts
WANTED new staff member, great conditions, pay the same as the man in charge.
The Ashes start this week, so lets have some predictions.
The CW Awards Team
Marc (awards judge)
Position Vacant (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar and Sir Geoffrey)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Archie (whatever else is left over)
If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com
If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au
If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk
If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com
If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu
Best of The Best
1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: honestbharani for this click here some good balanced arguments, on the subject that won’t go away
2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Craig for this click here , Starts some top threads does Craig , but they do not always receive the posts they deserve.
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: no award this week. I did not spot anything really funny?
4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: PhoenixFire , very good week of posting; impressive
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Nnanden for this click here should they give them a ton when they make 99?
6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Fraz click here Apparently matt79 can now translate
7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Slow Love, AWOL for a little while, but back and in form
8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: PhoenixFire two awards this week including the Bradman, what more do I need to say
Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: LAICE-E, Not that I am a Mod, but does it seem strange that brand new posters (who have only posted once), agree with him?
10. The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: Bagapath loves picking best 11s and the such, has been a good asset to the forum
The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: No award this week. I thought a lot of the debates went around in circles this week.
Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management