• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 12-19 Nov

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Craig - 14000 Posts
age_master - 13000 Posts
Nnanden - 10000 Posts
Samuel_Vimes - 9000 Posts
Robertinho - 7000 Posts
vic_orthdox - 7000 Posts
_Ed_ - 4000 Posts
dontcloseyoureyes - 4000 Posts
Alternative - 3000 Posts
Dravid - 2000 Posts
GeraintIsMyHero - 2000 Posts
Josh - 1000 Posts

WANTED new staff member, great conditions, pay the same as the man in charge.

The Ashes start this week, so lets have some predictions.

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Position Vacant (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar and Sir Geoffrey)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: honestbharani for this click here some good balanced arguments, on the subject that won’t go away

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Craig for this click here , Starts some top threads does Craig :cool:, but they do not always receive the posts they deserve.

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: no award this week. I did not spot anything really funny?

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: PhoenixFire , very good week of posting; impressive

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Nnanden for this click here should they give them a ton when they make 99?

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Fraz click here Apparently matt79 can now translate:laugh:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Slow Love, AWOL for a little while, but back and in form

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: PhoenixFire two awards this week including the Bradman, what more do I need to say

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: LAICE-E, Not that I am a Mod, but does it seem strange that brand new posters (who have only posted once), agree with him? :unsure:

10. The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: Bagapath loves picking best 11s and the such, has been a good asset to the forum

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: No award this week. I thought a lot of the debates went around in circles this week.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Two weeks in a row - no SS? What's going on here? :huh:

Anyway, I had 4000 posts this week.

And what staff member do you need?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see Fraz continuing his strangehold on the Inzamam, and I also found it interesting that some young posters were agreeing with LAICE-E.

FRAZ

International Captain
If I die today then will you change the Inzamam's Award to Fraz award , Will you Archie Mac?
Now a days people only remember the real stars when they are in heaven , God forbid !!!

archie mac

International Coach
FRAZ said:
If I die today then will you change the Inzamam's Award to Fraz award , Will you Archie Mac?
Now a days people only remember the real stars when they are in heaven , God forbid !!!
yes :ph34r:

archie mac

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Two weeks in a row - no SS? What's going on here? :huh:

Anyway, I had 4000 posts this week.

And what staff member do you need?
We are looking for:
Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge

Sorry about the milestone miss, for you and adharcric, but remember if you drop us a line this will not happen :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
FRAZ said:
On that note I suggest you change the Bradman and Warne awards to Turbinator awards if......(God forbid). :ph34r:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
Sorry about the milestone miss, for you and adharcric, but remember if you drop us a line this will not happen :)
It appears I've notched up 3000 this week as well.

Craig

World Traveller
Like ex rugby league player Jason Stevens who wrote the book "Worth the wait" I think that can be applied to be with a thread I create.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I am terribly sorry for missing all the milestones guys. I will make sure i will get them in for next week.. Once again i am extremely sorry for missing you milestones.