• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How can we prevent rain from ruining the day?

Nishant

International 12th Man
I was trying to think how crciket can depend less on the weather! Closed stadiums is one thing that comes to mind. Any other thoughts?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Go to www.weathernetwork.com and check the weather ahead of time and determine what kind of weather the host nation experiences at that time of the year before making any fixtures. If not, closed stadiums would be nice.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The rain mostly seems to follow India. Well atleast recently it has.

Bad luck for us Indian fans....we're sad when it rains, we're sad even when it doesn't.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:
The rain mostly seems to follow India. Well atleast recently it has.

Bad luck for us Indian fans....we're sad when it rains, we're sad even when it doesn't.

we're just all-round depressed people during the indian cricket season! :laugh:

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Nishant said:
Closed stadiums is one thing that comes to mind.
Just make sure they build the stadium facing the right direction so the grass can grow!

edit: I should clarify that for the internationals because it sounds stupid otherwise. There is a football stadium in Melbourne with a retractable roof that has all sorts of trouble with the turf dying. Australia have played a few games there but it's a rubbish cricket venue.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Indoor Stadiums fella's. Australia has one and also heard that there is one in India which probably was recently completed.

open365

International Vice-Captain
I agree!The onlt way is too pray to the rain gods! Every day! and we won't get any rain!Problem solved!

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I'm with Smith here, and there's not a lot that can realistically be done about it. Anyway, rain might p you off one day, but it'll probably save your arse on another.