• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Debate.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
SA said:
Sir,I was refering to ODIs basically.Please tell me that aren't ODIs part of the game called cricket.I couldn' watch Gavaska in tests much to give my views but there's some reason he's regarded as one of the most selfish players in the history of the game along with Boycott.
Okay, out of curiosity, could you provide ODI examples other than *that* ODI ?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SA said:
Sir,I was refering to ODIs basically.Please tell me that aren't ODIs part of the game called cricket.
Yes, well Sunil Gavaskar was never considered a great in ODI's by anyone, so your argument is moot.

Plus, I don't care what anyone does in ODI's, really. I mean, I get excited when watching India play ODI's and want them to win obviously, but in terms of judging players or caring about stats? I don't really much care for ODI's.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
SA said:
Sir,I was refering to ODIs basically.Please tell me that aren't ODIs part of the game called cricket.I couldn' watch Gavaska in tests much to give my views but there's some reason he's regarded as one of the most selfish players in the history of the game along with Boycott.
Gavaskar was definitely not an "unselfish" batsman, but do you reckon this was selfish?

http://www1.cricinfo.com/link_to_da...86-87/AUS_IN_IND/AUS_IND_T1_18-22SEP1986.html

Gavaskar played a blistering knock, and if it wasn't for him in that 2nd innings, I doubt India would have come anywhere near close.

And he went out swinging in the 90s. You'd think a selfish batsman would have played for his century surely?