• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of Cricket, suggestion to the ICC

Do you agree?

• Yes with all of it.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Yes with most of it.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Yes with some of it.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • No, I don't agree with any of the ideas.

Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
If you did your research properly...

1 Kenya 150
2 Ireland 138
3 Scotland 137
4 Bermuda 130
5 Netherlands 126
6 UAE 120
7 Denmark 117
8 Namibia 116
9 Canada 115
10 Hong Kong 114
11 USA 113
12 Italy 112
13 Norway 110
14 Cayman Islands 108
15 Afghanistan 106
16 Jersey 104
17 Uganda 102
18 Papua New Guinea 100
19 Tanzania 99
20 Nepal 98
21 Germany 98
22 Gibraltar 92
23 Singapore 91
24 Botswana 91
25 Fiji 87
26 Guernsey 86
27 Bahrain 84
28 Argentina 84
29 Mozambique 82
30 Oman 81
31 France 80
32 Malaysia 76
33 Zambia 74
34 Israel 74
35 Cook Islands 74
36 Bahamas 72
37 Qatar 69
38 Hellas 68
39 Nigeria 65
40 Spain 62
41 Kuwait 61
42 Japan 61
43 Panama 60
44 Sierra Leone 57
45 Belgium 56
46 Portugal 50
47 Tonga 48
48 Suriname 48
49 Ghana 48
50 Saudi Arabia 47
51 Malta 44
52 Malawi 40
53 Thailand 39
54 Croatia 38
55 Belize 36
56 Vanuatu 35
57 Isle of Man 32
58 Bhutan 32
59 Morocco 31
60 Finland 26
61 Turks & Caicos 24
62 Brunei 24
63 Rwanda 23
64 Indonesia 22
65 Cyprus 20
66 Maldives 17
67 Luxembourg 14
68 Gambia 14
69 Chile 12
70 Samoa 9
71 Iran 9
72 Slovenia 8
73 Brazil 8
74 Lesotho 6
75 Myanmar 1
actually i did do some research and i found the top 30 teams but thank you but is this new? can you tell me the source please? ...

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
social said:
You've obviously put a lot of time and thought into it.

What you seem to be saying is that 20/20 could be used to develop cricket globally whilst being lucrative at the same time - idea has merit.

Biggest stumbling block will be the elite players - they wont want to be running around playing 20/20 too often

Game could develop an alternate tour like Rugby World 7s - players just below top rung concentrate on this form of game and play in non-traditional rugby venues such as Shanghai in carnival atmosphere
well they already play 1 20/20 per home tour and thats why 20/20 is going be played the least with up to 10 or less per year when 15 tests and 30 odis

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
20/20 has a large role to play in the development of the game especially in raising the profile in smaller cricketing nations.

The proposal mentioned originally is based on a good premise but is pretty much unworkable logistically and unatractive from a competition standpoint.

Maybe the way to get minnows involved and playing high profile cricket is to have full regional qualifying for the 20/20 WC. Only their games against Test nations would be uncompetetive but it would be good for their profile and they would then play hard games against similar standard nations.

example Euro Zone 20/20 WC Qualifying
Top 2 Qualify
England
Scotland
Ireland
Netherlands
Denmark
etc

Would be a fun comp and would have England visit regional neighbours that would be good for them financially and in cricketing terms.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Jersey's youth teams compete at the same level as East Devon. I run East Devon youth teams. They're 26th in the world and would match up against the West Indies. Mismatch you think?
so you dont think netherlands vs australia is mismatch, thats going to happen in the up coming world cup? or what about Switzerland vs Tago,Argentina vs Serbia and Montenegro, England vs Trinidad and Tobago in fifa ofcorse it is but you still have to give the underdogs a chance to perticipate

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
so you dont think netherlands vs australia is mismatch, thats going to happen in the up coming world cup? or what about Switzerland vs Tago,Argentina vs Serbia and Montenegro, England vs Trinidad and Tobago in fifa ofcorse it is but you still have to give the underdogs a chance to perticipate
The games you mention in the quote all involve teams that have qualified for major international football competitions. Its a misnomer to call them ungerdogs.

An Australia v Finland cricket game is like Brazil vs Vatican City in soccer.

The defintion of an underdog is a team with a less than 50% chance of winning. Some of the cricket games mentioned have teams with 0% chance of winning. Impossible to market.

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Of course my thread wasn't as funny as the nonsense in this thread, but at least it was attempting to raise money for charity.:laugh:
why dont you bother someone else okay little kid:laugh: your trying to be funny but because you don't use any common sense, you didn't get the cue to stop cause your not helping..8-)

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Goughy said:
The games you mention in the quote all involve teams that have qualified for major international football competitions. Its a misnomer to call them ungerdogs.

An Australia v Finland cricket game is like Brasil vs Vatican City in soccer.

The defintion of an underdog is a team with a less than 50% chance of winning. Some of the cricket games mentioned have teams with 0% chance of winning. Impossible to market.
you cant say any team has 0% chance to win in any given sport and specially not in 20/20...plus the 1st round of the world is full of mismatches but you cant expand the sport being a critic about the minnows if you dont give them chances to play with the big league how are they going to compete and get better? plus its not like we are puting the 32nd team vs the 1st team in a ODI match or in the world cup, its twenty20 it will be over quickly and the underdogs do have some chance to win no matter how critical you are of them... no barsil vs vatican city wouldn be the same because im not saying every member of the icc is going to compete in the tournament its going to be the top 32 out of 97 and im not even sure vatican city is a member of fifa and but here's the thing unlike the world cups of any given sport...and what ever match you call a mismatch...all these mismatches would be done in about 8 days and the tournament in 16 days....

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
LA ICE-E said:
why dont you bother someone else okay little kid:laugh: your trying to be funny but because you don't use any common sense, you didn't get the cue to stop cause your not helping..8-)
Unfortunately this thread is so embarrassing that it's beyond help.:cool:

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Interesting idea - and a 20/20 WC would be far better than the Champions' trophy. I just wonder if 20/20 has took off in India (which is obviously the main TV matket). If I'm right India are lukewarm just now (I don't think they are playing a 20/20 in England next year -they are playing seven ODIs - too many IMO). But the plan's well thought out - and at least the mismatxhes would be short (and good teams can produce 20/20 mismatches too - remember the Rose Bowl in 2005):happy: . Finland might do better than 37-7!!:laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
LA ICE-E said:
you cant say any team has 0% chance to win in any given sport and specially not in 20/20...plus the 1st round of the world is full of mismatches but you cant expand the sport being a critic about the minnows if you dont give them chances to play with the big league how are they going to compete and get better? plus its not like we are puting the 32nd team vs the 1st team in a ODI match or in the world cup, its twenty20 it will be over quickly and the underdogs do have some chance to win no matter how critical you are of them... no barsil vs vatican city wouldn be the same because im not saying every member of the icc is going to compete in the tournament its going to be the top 32 out of 97 and im not even sure vatican city is a member of fifa and but here's the thing unlike the world cups of any given sport...and what ever match you call a mismatch...all these mismatches would be done in about 8 days and the tournament in 16 days....
These are players of my standard. I am irreparably talentless. I have difficulty seeing Rikki Clarke bowling from the cover boundary. Facing Brett Lee from 22 yards there is no hope. They will also be bowling 60-70mph wobblers and will go at 20 per over.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Unfortunately this thread is so embarrassing that it's beyond help.:cool:
that's probably not true about this thread but it's sure true about you:cool:....now stop ...

Last edited:

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Poker Boy said:
Interesting idea - and a 20/20 WC would be far better than the Champions' trophy. I just wonder if 20/20 has took off in India (which is obviously the main TV matket). If I'm right India are lukewarm just now (I don't think they are playing a 20/20 in England next year -they are playing seven ODIs - too many IMO). But the plan's well thought out - and at least the mismatxhes would be short (and good teams can produce 20/20 mismatches too - remember the Rose Bowl in 2005):happy: . Finland might do better than 37-7!!:laugh:
india's going to the 20/20 championship next year and they i think have or had already a 20/20 domestic league.... and yeah exactly that's im trying to say the stronger team might try to slog every single ball and get out... in 20/20 you cant be hundred percent sure which team is going to win before the match...any thing can happen...

Last edited: