• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the ****e

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
We seem to have a lot of ‘battles’ on this forum but usually they are in celebration of fantastic cricketers or the best movies, singles, albums et cetera yet the un so untalented are seemingly left in the cold. I considered it would be rather refreshing to find out who the forum votes as the worst cricketer to ever play at international level.

Wonder cap wonders are exempt, to be truly worthy of the ****e category the player would need to have played at least five test or ten ODI in the post WW2 era. Raison d'être’s are not needed, words such as Jehan Mubarak pretty much sum up everything we need to know.

I’ll think 32 names would be sufficient anything to proceed to the battle. A little help with selecting the battles would be appreciated or carrying the mantle whilst TT Boy is away (Silentstriker?). But post your suggestions and if they are ****e enough, they are in the battle.

Couple of names to get the ball rolling…

1. Mohammad Sami
2. Jehan Mubarak
3. Ian Salisbury
4. Devon Malcolm
5. Gareth Batty
6. Daren Ganga
7. Rikki Clarke
8. Ronnie Irani
9. Asoka De Silva
10. Clive Eksteen
11. Adam Bacher
12. Matthew Bell
13. Bill Playle
14. Nicky Boje
15. Chris Adams
16. Ian Ward
17. Kabir Ali
18. Richard Dawson
19. Tino Best
20. Kirti Azad
21. Mohammad Akram
22. Aashish Kapoor
23. Fazl-e- Akbar
24. Lakshmipathy Balaji
25. Noel McGregor
26. Murray Chapple
27. Robin Peterson
28. Mark Ramprakash

Last edited:

Nishant

International 12th Man
If ur talking of the worst players of international cricket, i would definitely add Salvi to that list. Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't Salvi the same guy who tried to mo0del himself on Glenn McGrath...but it all just went horribly wrong!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Nishant said:
If ur talking of the worst players of international cricket, i would definitely add Salvi to that list. Correct me if im wrong, but wasn't Salvi the same guy who tried to mo0del himself on Glenn McGrath...but it all just went horribly wrong!
DId not play enough games, sorry.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Some Recommendations

Asoka De Silva
Ian Salisbury
C.S. Nayudu
Noel McGregor
Mark Dekker
Mluleki Nkala
Andy Whittall
Mushfiqur Rahman
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mahmud
Tapash Baisya

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Devon Malcolm.

I liked him, he had his moment in the sun against SA but c'mon, he was terrible.

One of the least effective long test careers in history.

EDIT- TBH, this list could almost exclusively be Bang or Zim players

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Xuhaib said:
Azhar mahmood
Fazl-e- Akbar
Arshad Ayub
Mohammad Akram

wilol think of more later.:)
He was pretty decent for Pak, especially in test cricket. Fazl-e- Akbar and Mohammad Akram could be worthy or a berth however.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Devon Malcolm.

I liked him, he had his moment in the sun against SA but c'mon, he was terrible.

One of the least effective long test careers in history.

EDIT- TBH, this list could almost exclusively be Bang or Zim players
Yea might have to excluded them because frankly as you say there boys would walk this.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
grecian said:
Jim Troughton
Gareth Batty
Daren Ganga
Rikki Clarke:ph34r:
Defo, one of the worst cricketers around at the moment, can and will only score through one area (cover) and usually makes the flattest of wickets look like a minefield.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
So wait, do we vote for the ****tiest player? Or is the winner the least ****tiest player out of all the ****ty players?