• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Player Of Each Shot

DCC_legend

International Regular
Reverse Sweep - Paul Nixon. It seems that the normal sweep and the Reverse are the only shots he can consistantly play.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reverse Sweep - Paul Nixon. It seems that the normal sweep and the Reverse are the only shots he can consistantly play.
Sounds like Reece Young, wicket keeper for Auckland. He is prolific on the sweep and reverse sweep, especially in the ODD competition.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Few people make the down the track hit over the straight field look more beautiful than Lara. And I guess Ganguly is one of those. The other would be Damien Martyn but he didn't play it that often.

the_judge_cuts

Cricket Spectator
So good, I had to register and create a nick named after the fact that NO ONE has ever hit a cut shot harder than Robin Smith, BANG!

simmy

International Regular
For me:

Pull - Ponting (Vaughan deserves a mention because he really does play it well)
Sweep (including reverse and slog) - Pietersen (Anyone that can reverse sweep Murali for 6 deserves this accolade)
Late Cut - Lara (so perfectly executed is ridiculous)
Cut - Jayasuriya
Defensively - Kallis or Dravid
Back foot off drive - Ponting or Tendulkar

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Off Drive : Trescothick
Inside-Out Drive : Gibbs
Cover Drive : Mohammed Yousuf/Mike Hussey
Square Drive : Lara
Cut Shot : Gilchrist
Late Cut : Lara
Leg Glance : Tendulkar
Pull/Hook Shot : Ponting
Square Leg Flick : Jayasuriya
Slog Over Cow Corner : Hayden
Drive Through Mid Wicket : Tendulkar
On Drive : Ponting
Straight Drive : Ponting

open365

International Vice-Captain
Nudge of the hips- Greame Smith, his whole technique is perfectly designed to play that one shot and by damn it is effective

Pull - I'm going with AB DeVilliers on this one, not the most effective or well executed but when he gets it right it looks awesome

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
IMO, there are much better sweepers than Pietersen out there. Pietersen plays it a hell of a lot, but it's not his best shot. Hussey's better with the reverse as well. Almost never stuffs it up, unlike a lot of the players who play it all the time.

pup11

International Coach
1.Inside-out shot- Jayawardene

2.Drive through mid-wicket- Michael Clarke

3.On drive- Tendulkar

4.Off drive- Ponting

5.Slog over Cow Corner- Cameron White

haroon510

International 12th Man
Cover Drive: Yousuf

Cut Shot: Saeed anwar i am suprissed no one mentioned that cuz he was really good at it. .