• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Player Of Each Shot

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On-drive definitely Sachin.
Pull, Ponting obviously
Cut shot I'd go Jayasuriya slightly over Gilly.
Lofted shot over cover: Gibbs, McCullum

bagapath

International Captain
In the last 15 years....

Reverse Sweep: Andy Flower
Square Drive: Ganguly
Straight Drive: Sachin
Pull: Ponting
Any Shot: Brian Lara (Except the hook)

In the earlier era...

Straight Drive:
Gavaskar
On Drive: Greg Chappell:
Pull/ Hook: Viv Richards
Square Cut: Greenidge

tooextracool

International Coach
I think Jacques Kallis has one of the best on drives i have ever seen.
There also isnt much doubt in my mind that Andy Flower has the best reverse sweeps, while Ranatunga has the best late cuts that ive seen. The rest of the shots arent that clear cut.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
irfan said:
Do you guys reckon Fleming's cover drive is better than Vaughan's ?
I can't remember too much of Vaughan's cover drive but it would have to be pretty bloody good to beat Fleming.

Sweep Shot: Dinesh Ramdin :ph34r:

irfan

State Captain
Perm said:
I can't remember too much of Vaughan's cover drive but it would have to be pretty bloody good to beat Fleming.

Sweep Shot: Dinesh Ramdin :ph34r:
:laugh: Hook Shot Steve Waugh

howardj

International Coach
You've all overlooked the most important shot in cricket - the forward defensive shot.

Standout is Jacques Kallis

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
howardj said:
You've all overlooked the most important shot in cricket - the forward defensive shot.

Standout is Jacques Kallis
No, the most important shot in the game is the leave. Akash Chopra.
He perfected the shot (it was his only one).

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
silentstriker said:
No, the most important shot in the game is the leave. SS Das.

He perfected the shot (it was his only one).
Think you mean Akash Chopra.

Perm

Too true, Gillespie has really been a rock at the bottom of the Australian batting order during his career. I still remember when he rode his bat like a horse after scoring a 50.

cricman

International 12th Man
Ashraful Scoop shot or Paddle Shot whatever you want to call it, he says he can hit yorkers with that stroke(I can't see him do that).... But the way he hits the ball he could even hit a few for 6's with that stroke if the timing/pace is correct. The scoop shot he hit that was caught could of went for 6 if the fielder wasn't there.

Perm

Ashraful Scoop shot or Paddle Shot whatever you want to call it, he says he can hit yorkers with that stroke(I can't see him do that).... But the way he hits the ball he could even hit a few for 6's with that stroke if the timing/pace is correct. The scoop shot he hit that was caught could of went for 6 if the fielder wasn't there.
Don't see the point in championing that shot when he has so many others available to him, he'll end up like Craig McMillan and will be dismissed continously trying to play it.

pup11

International Coach
1.Pull- Ponting
2.Hook- Gilchrist
3.Cut- Jayasuriya
4.Straight drive- Tendulkar
5.Cover drive-Kallis
6.Sweep-Pietersen
7.Reverse sweep-Andy Flower
8.Scoop shot- Douglas Marillier
9.Late-cut- Martyn
10.Paddle sweep- Tendulkar

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
kallis has an awesome on drive.
and i think stephen flemings cover drive is great to watch he also has a glorious square leg flick when set into his innings.
hate to say it but you cant go passed paul nixons reverse sweep in recent times :laugh:
obviously ponting has the best pull and lara has the best square drive.
gibbs has an amazing loft over covers, closely followed by mccullums.

Last edited:

readie

State Regular
If you want a powerful lofted drive especially straight or just wider Andy Symonds is your man

corza_nz

School Boy/Girl Captain
symonds does have a very good one. but id probly rate definitely gibbs and maybe mccullums as slightly better.