• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Garfield Sobers 26400 Not Out

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The ball that Sir Garry hit for six sixes in 1968 has sold for £26,400.:-O
For those not familiar with English money that's about how much a teacher earns in a year or David Beckham earns in a day.:unsure:

Cricket ball for sale

There must be a few other balls of recent and ancient vintage that would get a good price if they came up for auction.:mellow:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I seem to remember that Auctioneers didn't manage to sell Eric Hollie's cap he wore when he bowled Bradman for a duck at the oval.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I seem to remember that Auctioneers didn't manage to sell Eric Hollie's cap he wore when he bowled Bradman for a duck at the oval.
That's a weird thing to sell though. That's like selling the hair gel I used while I watched Eric Hollie bowl Bradman for a duck at the oval.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
That's a weird thing to sell though. That's like selling the hair gel I used while I watched Eric Hollie bowl Bradman for a duck at the oval.

Not quite in the same class as the chap who tried to sell a bottle of his own saliva which he spat out when he had a cold. He claimed to have caught the cold from Paul McCartney and was therefore selling germs that originated from Sir Paul.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lillian Thomson said:
Not quite in the same class as the chap who tried to sell a bottle of his own saliva which he spat out when he had a cold. He claimed to have caught the cold from Paul McCartney and was therefore selling germs that originated from Sir Paul.
I would bid on that bottle for the sheer brilliance of it all.