• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

just wondering ????

catsa

Cricket Spectator
I was wondering if Martin Love will ever get back into the aussie test squad. He's an awesome pura cup batter for qld.

Last time he played for aussie in a test against bangladesh he scored 100 not out

he's played 5 tests 8 innings 233 runs 100* h.s. ave 46.60.

he's an awesome batter and good fielder. (i know australian got a lot of good players in the squad. but i reckon sometimes this dude get's over look.

another future aussie batter i reckon will be chris rogers and Marcus north will be future excellent test players for aussies.

look at there averages

north 88 matches 155 innings 6226 runs 239* h.S. ave. 45.11
rogers 82 matches 148 innings 6841 runs h.s. 319 ave 49.21

Australia got an awesome squad as it is. but i reckon these 3 should get a called up for once.

for bowlers Ak. heal, Tait, gillespie, clark. Moses (nsw player) could be a future candidtor in about 5 yrs but not yet.

I wonder why mcihael bevan didn't get re-contacted for the aussie side

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bradman was an awesome batsman. Sobers, Hutton, Headley - awesome batsmen. Among today's candidates, Ponting, Tendulkar, Dravid, Lara are awesome batsmen. Love is not an awesome batsman. And I'd be stunned if he ever played for Australia again. He's 32. A lot has to happen before he gets a recall.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Bradman was an awesome batsman. Sobers, Hutton, Headley - awesome batsmen. Among today's candidates, Ponting, Tendulkar, Dravid, Lara are awesome batsmen. Love is not an awesome batsman. And I'd be stunned if he ever played for Australia again. He's 32. A lot has to happen before he gets a recall.
Liam... Perhaps you were reading a little too much into his use of the word "awesome".

Unfortunately for Love he doesn't have age on his side unlike a few other batsman around. Players that you mentioned, and others such as Michael Clarke are probably in front of Love for a spot.

Also a great deal of Love's runs came against a minnow if I remember correctly.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Slats4ever said:
Liam... Perhaps you were reading a little too much into his use of the word "awesome".
And everyone is reading way too much into the irrelevant portions of my post. It's insane.

catsa

Cricket Spectator
love is a good batter. i reckon he should get a re-call for a test at least. he always scores good runs for the bulls.

symonds got out for duck and watson got 3 this week for qld.

Josh

International Regular
Love is a good batsman, but there are a lot of good batsmen around, and unfortunately, there are better batsmen than him, who are holding their place in the Australian team. Toughest time to be a player striving for Australian selection. The depth (especially of batsmen) is immense. It's just a case of bad luck for Love. He won't get another chance. Bloody good player, though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
The consistency of his scoring that used to be so apparent isn't there any more.
There's rumours in these parts that he can't even chalk one up when the ugly lights come on these days.