• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Black Caps Twenty20 Uniform

Dravid

International Captain
Never thought I would see them wear white colored kits in a limited over game anymore.

catsa

Cricket Spectator
those look old school uniforms. but i dig it's kinda bringing the old skool cricket into the new skool :)

Natman20

International Debutant
Twenty20 at the moment is just a party sort of a game similar to that of rugby 7s. I think its great to see that NZ have got into the spirit of the Twenty20 game and its great to see that. Whats wrong with remembering the past? I think we have a brighter future and they are just reflecting some good times from the past with random, ugly uniforms. The beige will always be my favourite though.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
I love how people keep going on about how hot it must be in the black shirts. They're made of special material, quite similar to the addidas climalite stuff. I own one and it is quite cool on hot days. By the way James, when is the 22th of December?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
crickhowell said:
I love how people keep going on about how hot it must be in the black shirts. They're made of special material, quite similar to the addidas climalite stuff. I own one and it is quite cool on hot days.
That's right. The reason we haven't worn black uniforms all along is because the fabric would have made them unbearable to wear. I own one of the modern ones also and it's probably the most comfortable shirt I could possibly wear on a scorching summer's day.

Love the new Twenty20 uniform - I'll have to dig out my old '92 WC shirt when I head to the Cake Tin on the 22nd :)

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They look quite good but when you think about it why are they doing this? The NZ cricket board obviously wants more Twenty20 games to be included when other countries tour here, it's pretty ridiculous really. They are playing the same amount of tests as Twenty20's in the upcoming series against Sri Lanka.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Perm said:
They look quite good but when you think about it why are they doing this? The NZ cricket board obviously wants more Twenty20 games to be included when other countries tour here, it's pretty ridiculous really. They are playing the same amount of tests as Twenty20's in the upcoming series against Sri Lanka.

kenny44

Cricket Spectator
I cant belive it took them so long to get to the current black uniforms.

Remember those ugly turquoise ones?