• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For Australian viewers - "Madras Magic" on ABC next week

Slow Love™

International Captain
Just thought I'd mention this for anybody interested. I just caught an ad for a special on ABC next Tuesday at 9.20 for a doco on the infamous Tied Test in Madras in 1986. Various players interviewed, and some choice comments from Deano. My favorite:

"I was urinating in my pants, and just couldn't stop."

Just a heads up, I'm gonna make sure I catch it.

pasag

RTDAS
There was a cricket special last week on the ABC. I'm pretty pissed off I missed, especially as I made a mental note to tape it.

Thanks btw.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This was the first cricket match I ever watched LIVE. Pity I was only about 4 and can't seem to recollect too much of it. :(

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
honestbharani said:
This was the first cricket match I ever watched LIVE. Pity I was only about 4 and can't seem to recollect too much of it. :(
It wasn't even shown here, according to this write up in the paper, so consider yourself lucky :p

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Just watched the ABC. how bad was the ground?

Television coverage has come a long way. But what a match!!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Great watch. Ravi was awesome how he said he just laid into the umpires. And when you saw him trying to lift the crowd at the end, was crazy.

Deano's story about how he was in the hospital and all the doctors came to help him instead of a mangled guy hit by a bus is nuts.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
Jono said:
Great watch. Ravi was awesome how he said he just laid into the umpires. And when you saw him trying to lift the crowd at the end, was crazy.
Imagine if Ponting did that today, he would never play again. I've got to say people talk up the Tendulkar cover drive but has there ever been anything more glamorous than the Boonie hook shot, absolute magic :D

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Great Birtannia said:
Imagine if Ponting did that today, he would never play again. I've got to say people talk up the Tendulkar cover drive but has there ever been anything more glamorous than the Boonie hook shot, absolute magic :D
Yes Gavaskar cover drive on on knee...

Good show that, a lot better then that Ashes to Ashes crap, saw ten mins of it and switched.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Because you obviously know how good a 2-hour program is by watching 10-minutes...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Because you obviously know how good a 2-hour program is by watching 10-minutes...
If the start of a program is crap, you know the middle and the end will be crap as well. My mate taped it and i just saw, nothing special. Just some boring and Aussie and Poms dibbering.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
chaminda_00 said:
If the start of a program is crap, you know the middle and the end will be crap as well. My mate taped it and i just saw, nothing special. Just some boring and Aussie and Poms dibbering.
Hardly. The start was absolutely horrible, most definately. But the rest was awesome, it was really interesting to hear the different views from everyone and different stories. Heaps of funny quotables as well.