• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For Australian viewers - "Madras Magic" on ABC next week

pasag

RTDAS
Patrick give up, you missed an amazing documentary on ABC just to watch an over the top production that was slightly strange to say the least.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ashes to Ashes had Westlife singing on it. How could it possibly have been any good?

I watched it after the Madras Magic doco, and the bit with Ian Chappell, Heals, Boycott and Atherton was okay (particularly the fact that only a few days earlier Chappelli had laid into Boycott on that Cricinfo Audio Round Table lol :D). Plus Chappelli's crack at Athers about "why would he ask him what that Ashes Trophy is?" was gold.

But honestly... Westlife.

Patrick you should buy that doco from the ABC shop, I know I will be. It was that cool that I want to watch it again.

LOL @ those umpires at the end going on about how it was destiny for them to umpire that match. Weirdos :ph34r:

Slow Love™

International Captain
I've got about 42 minutes ot the special (I think)- my bloody foxtel IQ box decided it wanted to freeze every freakin' three minutes watching live TV about half an hour before it started, unbelievable. I'd set to record the channel Nine thing to see if it was any good, and was going to watch the ABC one. It seems like what I taped on Nine came out OK - after a while I just attempted recording the remainder of the Madras special, hopefully the remainder is all right. I haven't got an opportunity to watch it yet.

pasag

RTDAS
Madras Magic outrated Ashes to Ashes by a couple hundered thousand, they said on radio this morning.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Hardly. The start was absolutely horrible, most definately. But the rest was awesome, it was really interesting to hear the different views from everyone and different stories. Heaps of funny quotables as well.
Yeah I watched most of it and there was plenty of interesting stuff there but it just pissed me off how commercial they're making this series. Let the papers hype it ffs. Taped Madras Magic and it was so much better.

Speaking of Westlife...they were playing in Queen Street Mall on Tuesday before Ashes to Ashes. Happened to catch some of it....how embarrassing.

oz_fan

International Regular
Another special is on the ABC this week as well. Cricket in the 50's: Discovering New Boundaries is on Tuesday at 9:20pm.

Matt79

Global Moderator
'Fraid i forgot the Madras Magic was on, so watched the 9 thing instead. I've got a feeling me ma might buy me the DVD from the ABC shop for Christmas - she told me all about it in the tone of voice she gets when she's sounding you out for a idea she has for a present, bless her.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
oz_fan said:
Another special is on the ABC this week as well. Cricket in the 50's: Discovering New Boundaries is on Tuesday at 9:20pm.
Just watched it. I've seen a bit of it before, but it was quite interesting nonetheless. Cricket in the 60s is next week.

jack_sparrow

U19 Debutant
pasag said:
There was a cricket special last week on the ABC. I'm pretty pissed off I missed, especially as I made a mental note to tape it.

Thanks btw.
don't they have tivo in australia? unless you just used an old school phrase "taping it." Because who uses tapes anymore?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
We have DVD recorders, but no TIVO. Foxtel (pay tv) has a thing similar called i or something, but I don't think it can record free-to-air television, though ABC is on Austar, not sure about Foxtel though.

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
For those who missed it, you can see the documentary within a day on

Just Google - cricket videos unplugged

pasag

RTDAS
jack_sparrow said:
don't they have tivo in australia? unless you just used an old school phrase "taping it." Because who uses tapes anymore?
Still using the good ol' VCR tbh.