• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Yousuf/Yousuf Youhana

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Clearly this bloke has an immense amount of talent, and is scoring an incredible amount of runs at the moment, but how good do you think he could have been, had he made the scores like this through-out his career? On the level or Dravid, Ponting, Inzamam and Hayden etc.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Immense talent but struggles with bounce and pressure - the quinitssential flat track bully

Look at the last series in Eng - some great scores but failed miserably on the only wicket that had anything in it for the bowlers.

And it's not just failing, it's how he gets out on bouncy wickets - backs away and gives the slips catching practice

That's typical of his career

PY

International Coach
*cough* Hayden. :p

Yes, that is a joke before anyone gets uppity about it.

I think he'll be one of the excellent players for our time by the end of his career but I doubt he'll be an all-time great though. Even though we don't have any, batsmen who average above 50 aren't nearly as rare as they used to be.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He will never be considered as a great batsman until he rights his poor record against Australia, Sri Lanka and South Africa who he has failed against so far. Take away the runs he scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and it probably reflects how good he is.

adharcric

International Coach
Simply because he hasn't been consistent enough aganst tough opposition on tough wickets, he'll be rated as a great but not an all-time great. No point in assessing how good he would have been if he had scored like this all his career, because he didn't.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Has the name, and hence religious change had anything to do with it?

Just putting it out there.

Beleg

International Regular
On a psychological level, perhaps. Depends on whether he was troubled previous to the conversion.

R_D

International Debutant
Perm said:
He will never be considered as a great batsman until he rights his poor record against Australia, Sri Lanka and South Africa who he has failed against so far. Take away the runs he scored against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and it probably reflects how good he is.
I often wonder why we don't have same standards for people like Warne and Ponting who have struggled against India as well.

But i do agree with you until he proves himself in bouncy pitches, he won't be considered great.. i doubt he'll be considered a great batsman, a very good batsman but not great,

shortpitched713

International Captain
Very good batsman for mine. If he keeps scoring runs at this rate, I don't know how he can be ignored when it comes time to list some of the "great" batsmen of this era. Will probably be on the fringe of first tier batsmen in this decade by the end of his career.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
R_D said:
I often wonder why we don't have same standards for people like Warne and Ponting who have struggled against India as well.
Ponting has 1253 runs at 52.20 against India overall. In India it is obviously a different story but you are getting fairly selective when assesing half a dozen innings over a 105 test career.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:

He's been averaging over 80 since the change of religion...taken his average from ~47 to ~54.

irfan

State Captain
Dasa said:
He's been averaging over 80 since the change of religion...taken his average from ~47 to ~54.
Whoa, thats phenomenal and he's already clocked up 1200 runs this year. If we can grit out some centuries against tough opposition on tough wickets he'll defintely be up there in the Dravid, Kallis range.

Maybe we should make the Indian batting lineup convert religion - aside from Kaif obviously :ph34r:

Dravid

International Captain
irfan said:
Whoa, thats phenomenal and he's already clocked up 1200 runs this year. If we can grit out some centuries against tough opposition on tough wickets he'll defintely be up there in the Dravid, Kallis range.

Maybe we should make the Indian batting lineup convert religion - aside from Kaif obviously :ph34r:
Get a Indian bowler to change their religion instead....we already have good enough batsman.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Jono said:

Shouldn`t that be the religious, hence name change? :p

R_D

International Debutant
Great Birtannia said:
Ponting has 1253 runs at 52.20 against India overall. In India it is obviously a different story but you are getting fairly selective when assesing half a dozen innings over a 105 test career.
Fair enough.. just wondering how one of the supposed greatest batsman can avg under 15 over 4 or 5 test matches in a country. Thats around 10 innings which a fair sample size really.