• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Confusion rises over the venue of the 2011 final.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
:laugh:

The filter censored out the shorter form of Pakistan on the shortened link.

R_D

International Debutant
Great Birtannia said:
Yeah lets play all cricket matches at MCG from now on... i wouldn't mind really :)

There's going to be 50+ macthes at world cup ... i guess its going to drag out for over a month again.
Seems like they are just trying to get few more matches in pakistan which is fair enough, Final will definately be in india this time around. I don't see BCCI letting it go.

Dravid

International Captain
What a huge final it would be if it took place in Kolata...imagine if India were in the final and the final was taking place in Kolkata.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
What a huge final it would be if it took place in Kolata...imagine if India were in the final and the final was taking place in Kolkata.
They would boo because Ganguly isn't in the team.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
MCG is the place really, it is the premier destination in world cricket, apart from Lord's, and should get all major finals.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
They'd lose... ;)
I don't think its relevent where the final is, at least in terms of whether India will win it.

I say once the Indian team gets to a final, they should automatically rest all senior players and bring in the Ranji trophy winner to play in its place...because at least they won a final.

Unless, they only won because they were facing other Indians. :unsure: