• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank the following Turbinators

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Rank the following Turbinators in terms of "who is/was more valuable to his team and a better cricketer".

Navjot Sidhu, Harbhajan Singh, Panesar, Bishan Singh Bedi, Turbinator (The Great One Himself ( Me ) ).

Navjot Sidhu

Batting:

Tests: 51 matches 78 innings 3202 runs 201 highest 42.13 average
ODIs: 136 matches 127 innings 4413 runs 134* highest 37.08 average

Harbhajan Singh

Bowling:

Tests: 57 matches 238 wickets 29.86 average 2.81 economy
ODIs: 137 matches 162 wickets 31.00 average 4.08 economy

Panesar

Bowling:

Tests: 10 matches 32 wickets 32.40 average 2.58 economy
ODIs: Did not debut yet.

Bishan Singh Bedi

Bowling:

Tests: 67 matches 266 wickets 28.71 average 2.14 economy
ODIs: 10 matches 7 wickets 48.57 average 3.45 economy

Turbinator

Tests: Did not debut yet.
ODIs: Did not debut yet.

Side notes: Great potential could be the next greatest allrounder.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well considering that Sidhu didn't bowl much, I'll disregard him.

As for the others...

Bedi
Harbhajan
Panesar
Turbinator

In the commentary rankings, it's pretty obvious that there's only one winner.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Well considering that Sidhu didn't bowl much, I'll disregard him.

As for the others...

Bedi
Harbhajan
Panesar
Turbinator

In the commentary rankings, it's pretty obvious that there's only one winner.
But I am not asking whose the better bowler, I am asking who was more valuable to his team and an overall better cricketer.

Last edited:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Turbinator said:
But I am not asking whose the better bowler, I am asking who was more valuable to his team and an overall better cricketer.
Value to the team, fair enough.
But I think it's pretty unfair to compare a good batsman and a good bowler as to who is the better cricketer. It's not the same as comparing Don Bradman and Adam Sanford.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Value to the team, fair enough.
But I think it's pretty unfair to compare a good batsman and a good bowler as to who is the better cricketer. It's not the same as comparing Don Bradman and Adam Sanford.
But you can judge by determining who has achieved or tasted more success in their area of the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Turbinator said:
But you can judge by determining who has achieved or tasted more success in their area of the game.
How do you judge that though? When two players have achieved a reasonable amount of success. Bedi, Harbhajan and Sidhu have all had good career and can be considered successful. How do you then compare a good bowling performance with a good batting performance?

Are Sidhu's 443 runs in his 6 Tests against Australia better than Harbhajan's 58 wickets in 8 Tests against Australia? Is Sidhu's 201 better than Harbhajan's 8-84?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
How do you judge that though? When two players have achieved a reasonable amount of success. Bedi, Harbhajan and Sidhu have all had good career and can be considered successful. How do you then compare a good bowling performance with a good batting performance?

Are Sidhu's 443 runs in his 6 Tests against Australia better than Harbhajan's 58 wickets in 8 Tests against Australia? Is Sidhu's 201 better than Harbhajan's 8-84?
Then you resort to ranking them by how valuable they were to their teams. For example, if you really are having a hard time with this, think about who you would rather have on your team and rank them higher.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Turbinator said:
Then you resort to ranking them by how valuable they were to their teams. For example, if you really are having a hard time with this, think about who you would rather have on your team and rank them higher.
*sigh* It really depends on whether my team needs a batsman or a bowler.

How is this not clear? In the current West Indian team I'd take Ambrose before I'd take Richards. That doesn't mean I rate either higher or lower than the other.

Apples and rocks.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
*sigh* It really depends on whether my team needs a batsman or a bowler.

How is this not clear? In the current West Indian team I'd take Ambrose before I'd take Richards. That doesn't mean I rate either higher or lower than the other.

Apples and rocks.
Suppose you had 5 equally great bowlers and 5 equally great batsmen! Now pick one. :laugh:

Takes apple and bites into it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
Suppose you had 5 equally great bowlers and 5 equally great batsmen! Now pick one. :laugh:

Takes apple and bites into it.
I have to agree with Mr mxy. It depends on your team? Is Curtly Ambrose a better player than Brian Lara? Its an impossible comparison.

Its hard enough comparing batsmen between two different teams or two different eras...when you get into the batsman vs. bowler...it just becomes impossible.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
silentstriker said:
I have to agree with Mr mxy. It depends on your team? Is Curtly Ambrose a better player than Brian Lara? Its an impossible comparison.

Its hard enough comparing batsmen between two different teams or two different eras...when you get into the batsman vs. bowler...it just becomes impossible.
Unless Dave Mohammed or Rikki Clarke enter the frey :ph34r:

Matt79

Global Moderator
Turbinator is #1 obviously - given the poor lad had the misfortune to be raised in a non-cricketing environment. I've been reliably informed by an impeccable source that he would have been as good a bat as Sachin, and bowled a bit like Imran if only he'd not been deprived of opportunity and coaching resources as a child! :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:
Turbinator is #1 obviously - given the poor lad had the misfortune to be raised in a non-cricketing environment. I've been reliably informed by an impeccable source that he would have been as good a bat as Sachin, and bowled a bit like Imran if only he'd not been deprived of opportunity and coaching resources as a child! :)
Thankyou! Finally, someone understands my situation :happy: !

Nishant

International 12th Man
i think that Turbinator just wanted u guys to say that he's the most valuable!

LOL, i don't blame you