Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Rank the following Turbinators

  1. #1
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553

    Rank the following Turbinators

    Rank the following Turbinators in terms of "who is/was more valuable to his team and a better cricketer".

    Navjot Sidhu, Harbhajan Singh, Panesar, Bishan Singh Bedi, Turbinator (The Great One Himself ( Me ) ).

    Navjot Sidhu

    Batting:

    Tests: 51 matches 78 innings 3202 runs 201 highest 42.13 average
    ODIs: 136 matches 127 innings 4413 runs 134* highest 37.08 average

    Harbhajan Singh

    Bowling:

    Tests: 57 matches 238 wickets 29.86 average 2.81 economy
    ODIs: 137 matches 162 wickets 31.00 average 4.08 economy

    Panesar

    Bowling:

    Tests: 10 matches 32 wickets 32.40 average 2.58 economy
    ODIs: Did not debut yet.

    Bishan Singh Bedi

    Bowling:

    Tests: 67 matches 266 wickets 28.71 average 2.14 economy
    ODIs: 10 matches 7 wickets 48.57 average 3.45 economy

    Turbinator

    Tests: Did not debut yet.
    ODIs: Did not debut yet.

    Side notes: Great potential could be the next greatest allrounder.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 12-11-2006 at 04:32 PM.

  2. #2
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Well considering that Sidhu didn't bowl much, I'll disregard him.

    As for the others...

    Bedi
    Harbhajan
    Panesar
    Turbinator

    In the commentary rankings, it's pretty obvious that there's only one winner.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."


  3. #3
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Well considering that Sidhu didn't bowl much, I'll disregard him.

    As for the others...

    Bedi
    Harbhajan
    Panesar
    Turbinator

    In the commentary rankings, it's pretty obvious that there's only one winner.
    But I am not asking whose the better bowler, I am asking who was more valuable to his team and an overall better cricketer.
    Last edited by Turbinator; 12-11-2006 at 05:18 PM.

  4. #4
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    But I am not asking whose the better bowler, I am asking who was more valuable to his team and an overall better cricketer.
    Value to the team, fair enough.
    But I think it's pretty unfair to compare a good batsman and a good bowler as to who is the better cricketer. It's not the same as comparing Don Bradman and Adam Sanford.


  5. #5
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Value to the team, fair enough.
    But I think it's pretty unfair to compare a good batsman and a good bowler as to who is the better cricketer. It's not the same as comparing Don Bradman and Adam Sanford.
    But you can judge by determining who has achieved or tasted more success in their area of the game.

  6. #6
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    But you can judge by determining who has achieved or tasted more success in their area of the game.
    How do you judge that though? When two players have achieved a reasonable amount of success. Bedi, Harbhajan and Sidhu have all had good career and can be considered successful. How do you then compare a good bowling performance with a good batting performance?

    Are Sidhu's 443 runs in his 6 Tests against Australia better than Harbhajan's 58 wickets in 8 Tests against Australia? Is Sidhu's 201 better than Harbhajan's 8-84?

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    How do you judge that though? When two players have achieved a reasonable amount of success. Bedi, Harbhajan and Sidhu have all had good career and can be considered successful. How do you then compare a good bowling performance with a good batting performance?

    Are Sidhu's 443 runs in his 6 Tests against Australia better than Harbhajan's 58 wickets in 8 Tests against Australia? Is Sidhu's 201 better than Harbhajan's 8-84?
    Then you resort to ranking them by how valuable they were to their teams. For example, if you really are having a hard time with this, think about who you would rather have on your team and rank them higher.

  8. #8
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago (Trinidad)
    Posts
    36,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    Then you resort to ranking them by how valuable they were to their teams. For example, if you really are having a hard time with this, think about who you would rather have on your team and rank them higher.
    *sigh* It really depends on whether my team needs a batsman or a bowler.

    How is this not clear? In the current West Indian team I'd take Ambrose before I'd take Richards. That doesn't mean I rate either higher or lower than the other.

    Apples and rocks.

  9. #9
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    *sigh* It really depends on whether my team needs a batsman or a bowler.

    How is this not clear? In the current West Indian team I'd take Ambrose before I'd take Richards. That doesn't mean I rate either higher or lower than the other.

    Apples and rocks.
    Suppose you had 5 equally great bowlers and 5 equally great batsmen! Now pick one.

    Takes apple and bites into it.

  10. #10
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    37,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator
    Suppose you had 5 equally great bowlers and 5 equally great batsmen! Now pick one.

    Takes apple and bites into it.
    I have to agree with Mr mxy. It depends on your team? Is Curtly Ambrose a better player than Brian Lara? Its an impossible comparison.

    Its hard enough comparing batsmen between two different teams or two different eras...when you get into the batsman vs. bowler...it just becomes impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member Johnners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,030
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    I have to agree with Mr mxy. It depends on your team? Is Curtly Ambrose a better player than Brian Lara? Its an impossible comparison.

    Its hard enough comparing batsmen between two different teams or two different eras...when you get into the batsman vs. bowler...it just becomes impossible.
    Unless Dave Mohammed or Rikki Clarke enter the frey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

  12. #12
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    108
    Doesn't Sidhu have the distinction of being the first batter to ever "tame and milk" shane warne?

  13. #13
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Bedi
    Bhaji
    Panesar
    Sidhu
    Turnbinator.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator Matt79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colll----ingggg---woooooodddd!!!!
    Posts
    17,426
    Turbinator is #1 obviously - given the poor lad had the misfortune to be raised in a non-cricketing environment. I've been reliably informed by an impeccable source that he would have been as good a bat as Sachin, and bowled a bit like Imran if only he'd not been deprived of opportunity and coaching resources as a child!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

    Is Cam White, Is Good.

  15. #15
    Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    Turbinator is #1 obviously - given the poor lad had the misfortune to be raised in a non-cricketing environment. I've been reliably informed by an impeccable source that he would have been as good a bat as Sachin, and bowled a bit like Imran if only he'd not been deprived of opportunity and coaching resources as a child!
    Thankyou! Finally, someone understands my situation !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rank the NBA Players.
    By Dravid in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 13-12-2006, 03:21 PM
  2. Rank the following spinners in terms of ability
    By Salamuddin in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 13-11-2006, 09:47 PM
  3. Rank players at each position (1-11)
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 14-09-2006, 03:08 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:33 AM
  5. Rank the Slip Cordons
    By adharcric in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 22-05-2006, 04:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •