• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for the 5th-12th NOV.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Lord_of_darkness – 13,000 Posts
superkingdave – 10,000 Posts
burkey_1988 - 7000 Posts
C_C - 6000 Posts
Loony BoB - 5000 Posts
Pasag - 3000 Posts
Clapo - 1000 Posts

No Aussie Dominance again; AWOL, it seems:unsure: , and I will have to sack him:ph34r: . Would anyone like his job? You only have to pick two awards a week.

Finally the great run of SS has come to an end. Special mention this week to Matt79, came close to a number of awards, but was pipped on the post every time; keep up the good work.

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Position Vacant (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Dravid (Agarkar and Sir Geoffrey)
Adharcric (Afridi and Hussey)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Sir Geoffrey or AA awards this week, please let Dravid know, you can contact him at nnindia at hotmail dot com

If you notice any worthy nominees for the Afridi or Hussey awards this week, please let adharcric know, you can contact him at adhar at berkeley dot edu

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: Slow Love for this click here a hot topic in the last few days, but well written by SL (as per usual)

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Turbinator for this click here , Original idea, I liked the Lamb if Reid was bowling, brings back memories :happy:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Scmods for this click here neutral umpires is the rule he wants abolished

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: Dravid , jumps around all over the place, particularly any of the subcontinent threads

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: No award this week, not that much cricket on tbh, although I thought a Pom may have Greigyed over the PMsXI

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he is talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Jasim click here This from the “Best all-time ‘Actual’ XI”. Subtle but I like it

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Perm, always seems in contention for an award, good knowledge of the game shown this week:)

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: aussie tragic a hard choice with two other posters in contention as well. Well done AT, a great week of quality posts:cool:

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Krishnavamshi24, Not sure if he has actually been to OZ, but knows everything about the people apparently8-)

10. The Mike Hussey award for best newcomer (less then 500 posts), not too many have had a great debut and continued success like “Mr Cricket” And the Winner is: shortpitched713 a very confident poster, not afraid to back his own opinion

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Slow Love & Pasag click here both argued well, before things started to go in circles, but both stopped when this happened.

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Dravid

International Captain
I cant believe I won an award!

BTW archie no award will come in from me this week. Leaving for Mumbai on thursday and wont be back on CW for 5-6 days so yea just letting you know. If I'm back in time for the awards for the 4th week, then I won't mind doing AD's award if no one has taken them.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
adharcric said:
Been a while since I last got one, tbh. :-O
I haven't either, maybe being on the awards team has restricted me for it..
Or maybe i should post more often in CC, but OT is much much better.

adharcric

International Coach
alternative said:
I haven't either, maybe being on the awards team has restricted me for it..
Or maybe i should post more often in CC, but OT is much much better.
Dravid just won an award this week so there obviously aren't any restrictions. Either way, I haven't really deserved an award ever since classes restarted so whatever. :happy: