• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gayle's Tour Diary

Xuhaib

International Coach
Some nice comments about Pakistan

"The way some people speak of Pakistan you can understand why a lot of cricketers think that they would not look forward to coming here but being here is a totally different experience. The place is lovely, Lahore is a very nice city and the people have taken excellent care of us. We are aware that the cricket will not be easy but we have to enjoy each and every day that we are here and I think it would be fun. I am very impressed with Pakistan so far since this is my first time here.'

Unlike some english cricketers, for eg Petersen who just kept on crying about being stuck in his hotel room all day.The idiot forgot to mention that this was their choice. No one was holding a gun to his head saying you must not leave this hotel room.

Last edited:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Xuhaib said:
Unlike some english cricketers, for eg Petersen who just kept on crying about being stuck in his hotel room all day.The idiot forgot to mention that this was their choice. No one was holding a gun to his head saying you must not leave this hotel room.
Yeah, I've always thought England are a bit too negative about Pakistan. In Mike Atherton's autiobiography he describes how some players wouldn't leave the hotel at all while he would venture out. They seem to go there with the stubborn mindset of "we're not going to have a good time here", when they'd be better off getting out and about. We've certainly seen them embrace India a bit more these days.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like the mindset of English cricketers really, they know that the cricket is going to be tough but they just assume that they won't enjoy the experience. Sure I've never been to Pakistan so I wouldn't be able to make an accurate judgement of the country but if you put yourself out there and get involved in activities whilst your their then it will generally make it a more enjoyable experience.

FRAZ

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
My experience of visiting UK (Apart from Scotland scenery) was such that I won't like my mother-in-law to visit there.

FRAZ

International Captain
A coffee cup was 1.5 pounds i.e. approx 3.25 Canadian dolls . One pair of nasty shoes cost me 90 pounds huh !

FRAZ

International Captain
My experience of Pakistan is that ,Lahore is a beautiful and a cultured city . There is a lot to do in Lahore and life is just great there . I also ma not a big fan of any other city in Punjab . Karachi is a great city though not in the league of Lahore (And Zohaib don't kill me for that ) . Islamabad is a beautiful place and actualy is a great place too. Peshawar hasn't got much to offer (as far as facilities are concerned) .But overall all places have still a lot to offer (better than many others)!!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
FRAZ said:
My experience of Pakistan is that ,Lahore is a beautiful and a cultured city . There is a lot to do in Lahore and life is just great there . I also ma not a big fan of any other city in Punjab . Karachi is a great city though not in the league of Lahore (And Zohaib don't kill me for that ) . Islamabad is a beautiful place and actualy is a great place too. Peshawar hasn't got much to offer (as far as facilities are concerned) .But overall all places have still a lot to offer (better than many others)!!!!
Man you gotta accept its much more happening then Lahore.

Dravid

International Captain
India and Pakistan would be two of the best countries to tour if you are going on a Cricket tour. Some people are just too arrogant, I'm happy Gayle isn't like that.