• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gayle's Tour Diary

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Dravid said:
India and Pakistan would be two of the best countries to tour if you are going on a Cricket tour. Some people are just too arrogant, I'm happy Gayle isn't like that.
Very true, i think alot of people, when they actually visit the sub-continent get a different feeling from what their media portrays, its not only gayle, i remember alot of players when touring the sub-continent said the same.

FRAZ

International Captain
Xuhaib said:
Karachi roshniyon ka shehar:) .
Thats a cheesey statement . And actualy all the statements from Karachi are just the little 'itsi bitsi' types . For Example ' Student Briyani (Restaurant). The mouth doesn't even open up while saying that . Take an example of "Phaja Paway wala (Restaurent of Lahore famous for animal's feet dishes) . The whole mouth fills up while saying that .. Thats the way it should be . Our statements are what we call open hearted , open minded and open chested statements . Mummy daddy street name i.e. Tariq Road , And we have Mochi Darwaza , Ichraa , Allama Iqbal town , Do morea pull (Bridge name) etc etc ..
We have Mozang chungi (area name) with comparison to dull (Clifton) . Even the Lahori names suggest that some thing is going on there !!!!!!

Xuhaib

International Coach
FRAZ said:
Thats a cheesey statement . And actualy all the statements from Karachi are just the little 'itsi bitsi' types . For Example ' Student Briyani (Restaurant). The mouth doesn't even open up while saying that . Take an example of "Phaja Paway wala (Restaurent of Lahore famous for animal's feet dishes) . The whole mouth fills up while saying that .. Thats the way it should be . Our statements are what we call open hearted , open minded and open chested statements . Mummy daddy street name i.e. Tariq Road , And we have Mochi Darwaza , Ichraa , Allama Iqbal town , Do morea pull (Bridge name) etc etc ..
We have Mozang chungi (area name) with comparison to dull (Clifton) . Even the Lahori names suggest that some thing is going on there !!!!!!
Every city has its unique charm.

Matt79

Global Moderator
A lot of it seems to be attitude. If an Aussie or English player goes to India or Pakistan and expects it to be like... Australia or England, then they're going to be disappointed and focus on the negatives, and not enjoy it. If they're prepared to say, yes it different from what I'm used to, but wow, there's lots of amazing things to see and do that I would never get to do at home, then they'll find it a great experience.

I think one of the best parts of Steve Waugh's leadership was that he was able to communicate his love of India to most of the members of the Australian team and forever change Australian teams perceptions of touring in India - from it being an ordeal to being a wonderful experience and challenge. And its no coincidence that the team subsequently had a classic series in 2001 and won the series last time they went there.

Gayle is a champion - want more like him.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Xuhaib said:
Every city has its unique charm.
Very true, its not that i hate other cities. As i am from lahore, i am used to the lahori style of living, and as its famous for its food and is a very fun loving city most foreginers i have heard of would choose lahore for this particular reason.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
Yeah, but you can drink in India which helps.
You can get alcahol fairly easily over here aswell, quite a few of my friends at uni do it (thankfully I dont) and even though they get it through some illegal source but it is quite easily accessable.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Xuhaib said:
You can get alcahol fairly easily over here aswell, quite a few of my friends at uni do it (thankfully I dont) and even though they get it through some illegal source but it is quite easily accessable.
I was thinking more doing the bars and clubs rather than hiding in a shed imbibing the local moonshine :)

Xuhaib

International Coach
Pedro Delgado said:
I was thinking more doing the bars and clubs rather than hiding in a shed imbibing the local moonshine :)
I give you that, but these foreign players must understand that there can be other ways of entertaining yourself then just drinking and clubbing.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Pedro Delgado said:
Besides the fact that alcohol is legally available to non-Muslims, even the Muslims who drink do so quite openly and without fear. I've been to plenty of places/parties/clubs in Karachi and Lahore where alcohol was readily available. I don't drink personally, but it's a fact of life in Pakistan.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Supposedly some members of the Australian "A" side when over there, had to sign a statutory declaration stating that they were alcoholics and dependant upon alcohol to be allowed to drink.