• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

These are my top 10 Cricket Moments 1976-2006

SA

Banned
Don't u people think that Javed Miandad's six off the last ball of Chetan Sharma's over to win the ODI Tournament Final deserves a mention?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clapo said:
4. Shane Warnes 05 Ashes series - The Single Greatest performance from a player in a losing Side IMO
Brian Lara in Sri Lanka 2001.

688 runs in 6 innings with 3 hundreds, including 221 and 130 in the same Test.
He scored 42% of the West Indies run total in that series. The West Indies lost 3-0.

Thoughts?

Fusion

Global Moderator
SA said:
Don't u people think that Javed Miandad's six off the last ball of Chetan Sharma's over to win the ODI Tournament Final deserves a mention?
That's one of my favorite memories for sure. But you can't expect everyone to list this as their fav memory. Most here are listing what made them happy. Besides Pakistani fans, not many are going to be necessarily happy with Miandad's six. :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Brian Lara in Sri Lanka 2001.

688 runs in 6 innings with 3 hundreds, including 221 and 130 in the same Test.
He scored 42% of the West Indies run total in that series. The West Indies lost 3-0.

Thoughts?
Yea, I feel symphathy for performances like that. In India we're used to that...from the Hazare's in the 40s and 50's, to Tendulkar in the 90's.

But that Brian Lara in that series was ridiculously good.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fusion said:
That's one of my favorite memories for sure. But you can't expect everyone to list this as their fav memory. Most here are listing what made them happy. Besides Pakistani fans, not many are going to be necessarily happy with Miandad's six. :)
That is #2 or #3 of my all time worst cricket memories :).

Dravid

International Captain
Dravid said:
No 300 run partnership by India in ODI?

Anyway my top 10 from 2003-2006...my time watching Cricket lol.

1) India getting to the World Cup Final

2) India winning the adelaide test

3) Record partnership earlier this year by Sri Lanka

4) Sehwags 309

5) Laras 400

6) Saf chasing down 434

7) Bangladesh beating Australia

8) Sachins 10,000th test run

9) Sachins 35th 100

10) 300 run partnership by Dravid and Laxman in tests.
Removing Sehwags 309, adding Jo burg, Dec 18, 2006.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
My personal that I've seen live:

1. 2001 Kolkata
  2. Johannesburg
  3. India winning overseas in WI
  4. Adelaide
  5. 2005 Ashes
  6. Dravid's 270
  7. Sachin's 35th
  8. Kapil Taking 432nd wicket (break world record)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Champions Trophy 2004 final WI v England easily my number one. Amazing game.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
1. Laxman's 281 and that whole test itself. Was an amazing series overall, in fact.

2. Lara's 153*. Easily the best knock I have ever seen along with VVS' effort. That test was pretty darn amazing too.

3. Sachin's knock against Pak in the last WC. One of the best ODI innings under pressure, for me.

4. Sachin's taking apart of Warne and Lara's taking apart of Murali in 98 and 2001 respectively. Can't seperate them.

5. India's wins at Adelaide, Jo'burg and at Jamaica and in Pakistan in recent years. Can't really seperate them. Perhaps Adelaide and Jo'burg at no.1, Pakistan no.2 and Jamaica no.3.

6. Adelaide test of this year's Ashes. One of the best ever come from behind performances. Warne was a class apart and eventhough I felt England shot themselves in the foot at times with certain decisions before and during the test, still remains an awesome reminder of what this Aussie side is capable of. Hopefully, McWarne will retire soon, so that all of this becomes folklore than possibilities. ;)

7. Last year's Ashes. Produced consistently good cricket in the last 4 tests. Much like 2001 India Vs Australia series. 1st test = Aussie domination. 2 = grand comeback. Diff. I think was Ashes was a 5 test series while the Indian one was just a 3 test series.

8. Bangladesh over Australia last year. Didn't believe it for a whole day.

9. Windies win in Champions Trophy in 2004. Awesome. :)

10. Tied test in 1987. Only reason it is so low down is because I was only 3 or so when I watched it and didn't quite soak it all in.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Yes I agree J'burg 2006 is one of the Definitive moments of Indian cricket - maybe Dilip Vengsarkar the Chief Selector should stay on for the whole series now :laugh: :laugh:

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Mine as a South African supporter would obviously be that ODI win against Australia at the Wanders for the record the 438 game. Wow what a game and what a shot by nitini down to 3rd man for a single makes go all; warm inside:) 8-)

cricman

International 12th Man
Krishna_j said:
Would love to see a Lankan or B'desh reply on thier moments
2004- 2007

first 8 are BD the next 4 are international

1. Ashraful's 158* vs India
2. Days 1 and 2 in the Fatullah test vs Australia
3. Defeating Australia Natwest
4. Defeating India in an ODI in 04
5. Defeating Lanka in ODI this year
6. Maiden Test win vs Zim
7. 5th ODI vs Zim in 2005 (Rafique and Aftab just went Crazy)
8. Enamul Haque Jr. Wonder Ball of Micheal Clarke
9. England Defeating the Australian Juggernaut
10. SA Chasing 430 to beat Australia
11. Afridi vs India
12. Pathan Opening the Test with a Hatrick only for India to lose

kvemuri

U19 12th Man
In no particular order

(1) 1983 World Cup win..recently bought that DVD, Kaps taking Viv's catch WAS the turning point.

(2) Jonty running out Inzy in the 1992 league game between Pak and SA, Superman couldn't have done better...best run out to date.

(3) Gatting's dismissal at the hands of Warne, The Warne ball I guess. Its still unbelievable to me that ball ever spun THAT much.

(4) Tendulkar's first innings as an opener in ODIs, coming in as a replacement for Sidhu or someone (don't remember) went on to destroy NZL's bowling attack, scored 82 of 43 or something like that.

(5) The 2 W's, Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis, bamboozling English batsmen in the summer of 92-93 (the ball tampering series, call whatever you may that was devastating swing bowling at its best).

(6) Yuvi and Kaif taking India to victory against Eng in 2002 Natwest finals.

(7) 2001 series between Ind and Aus, followed by the 2003 series down under.

(8) Afridi's brutal assualt against Sri Lanka in Nairobi in his very first ODI. That was something out of this world.

(9) SA vs Aus semi final in 1999 world cup, one of the best games, followed by SA's chase of 434 earlier this year against the same opponent.

(10) Sachin Tendulkar vs Ian Botham in the only time they ever met, league match of the 1992 world cup, Botham won that battle, those were few unforgettable overs.

A moment in history that I would like to forget, yet can't:

Miandad's last ball 6 of Chetan Sharma (how i wanted to strangle him..sigh) in the Australasia Cup in 85, which resulted in us never winning in Sharjah against Pak for the next 6/7 years.

Last edited: