• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current India/Pak XI Combined

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lets say if India and Pak didn't seperate, what would the current India/Pak XI be?

For Both Tests and ODIs

Sehwag
Sachin
Younis Khan
Inzi
Dravid
Mohd. Yousuf
Dhoni (wk).......................Can't wait for some heated arguements on this.
Pathan / Razzaq
Harbhajan Singh / Kumble
Umar Gul
Munaf Patel

..........................Looks pretty strong to me, only if they didn't seperate! The only thing that could be a problem is the fielding.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dhoni would still be ranked higher than Akmal I think, considering what a nightmare Akmal had in England recently with both the gloves and the bat. I don't really like the idea of Tendulkar opening in test's, would be tempted to put Shoaib Malik there, put Dravid at 3, Yousuf at 4, Sachin at 5 and Inzi at 6. Razzaq probably over Pathan, Kumble definately over Harbhajan.

Dravid

International Captain
Perm said:
Dhoni would still be ranked higher than Akmal I think, considering what a nightmare Akmal had in England recently with both the gloves and the bat. I don't really like the idea of Tendulkar opening in test's, would be tempted to put Shoaib Malik there, put Dravid at 3, Yousuf at 4, Sachin at 5 and Inzi at 6. Razzaq probably over Pathan, Kumble definately over Harbhajan.
Yousuf and Dravid at 4 and 3 could be one dangerous line up. Both batsman are in the top 5 for hardest batsman to get out.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Turbinator said:
Only if we didn't seperate :@:( :furious: :wallbash:
Err...yeah. Anyway...

I don't think this "if we didn't separate" thing works here. Many of these cricketers are good because playing against their rival neighbors brought out the best in them.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
Blame people who didn't want Muslims and Hindus in the same place.
Not that I think you're trying to, but lets not start something here. You might just give some trolls reason to flame.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
nightprowler10 said:
Err...yeah. Anyway...

I don't think this "if we didn't separate" thing works here. Many of these cricketers are good because playing against their rival neighbors brought out the best in them.
How so?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Let's pretend that none of the Continents ever separated and the Earth is covered in one gigantic land mass and "Imagine all the people sharing all the World".

Then the team would be 10 Australians + Murali but they would have no one to play.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Turbinator said:
I thought my post was pretty self explanatory. Basically what I'm saying is that how far do you think Pakistani and Indian cricket would've gotten if not for the rivalry between them?

adharcric

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
I thought my post was pretty self explanatory. Basically what I'm saying is that how far do you think Pakistani and Indian cricket would've gotten if not for the rivalry between them?
Just about as far as it has gotten with the rivalry. The rivalry means something, but it doesn't just spontaneously produce heaps of talent.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Do you think Pakistani and Indian kids would have been as excited about cricket if all they had to watch on the telly was their team facing New Zealand, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka?

The Pakistan-India thing has historically been a good rivalry not just for the great cricket between the teams, but also for the political tensions that provided a larger backdrop to the series.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
shortpitched713 said:
Do you think Pakistani and Indian kids would have been as excited about cricket if all they had to watch on the telly was their team facing New Zealand, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka?
Bleh, who cares? I want them Pakistani fast bowlers. Wasim + Waqar + Kumble + Sachin in the 90's would have been freaking awesome.

Nishant

International 12th Man
nightprowler10 said:
Not that I think you're trying to, but lets not start something here. You might just give some trolls reason to flame.

agreed! It is quite unfortunate...but lets just not go there!! It'll start a whole different conversation

whitedazzler

School Boy/Girl Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Let's pretend that none of the Continents ever separated and the Earth is covered in one gigantic land mass and "Imagine all the people sharing all the World".

Then the team would be 10 Australians + Murali but they would have no one to play.
surely youd put an already there wudn't ya n lets face it only warne n mcgrath wud b definitely in there bowling wise