• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current India/Pak XI Combined

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
that's the whole point!!! why get upset about the fact that two teams have seperated

difference nations create competitions

R_D

International Debutant
Slats4ever said:
that's the whole point!!! why get upset about the fact that two teams have seperated

difference nations create competitions
yeah exactly... whats doen is done.
It really annoys me when people come with stpid topics.

R_D

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
Bleh, who cares? I want them Pakistani fast bowlers. Wasim + Waqar + Kumble + Sachin in the 90's would have been freaking awesome.
If only those plates hadn't driffted Aus all the way out to pacific.. we could've had Mcgrath, Warne, Sachin and Ponting is one team as well 8-)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
R_D said:
If only those plates hadn't driffted Aus all the way out to pacific.. we could've had Mcgrath, Warne, Sachin and Ponting is one team as well 8-)
See that wasn't in our hands....the Partition was.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Lillian Thomson said:
Let's pretend that none of the Continents ever separated and the Earth is covered in one gigantic land mass and "Imagine all the people sharing all the World".

Then the team would be 10 Australians + Murali but they would have no one to play.
No it would be 11 Indians + Chappell

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lillian Thomson said:
Let's pretend that none of the Continents ever separated and the Earth is covered in one gigantic land mass and "Imagine all the people sharing all the World".

Then the team would be 10 Australians + Murali but they would have no one to play.
Oh, I don't know, I think on current form Dravid, Murali, Flintoff and Kallis would make the Aussie team. It would be mostly Aussies though.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Ind/Pak Test XI
1. V. Sehwag
2. R. Dravid*
3. Y. Khan
4. M. Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. K. Akmal+
7. I. Pathan
8. A. Kumble
9. H. Singh
10. D. Kaneria
11. M. Asif

Would be extremely dangerous in the subcontinent with that potent spin attack, but would struggle abroad lacking any pace bowlers of quality outside of Asif. Would have liked to have picked another pacer, but can't think of any to merit bumping one of these spinners.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
shortpitched713 said:
Ind/Pak Test XI
1. V. Sehwag
2. R. Dravid*
3. Y. Khan
4. M. Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. K. Akmal+
7. I. Pathan
8. A. Kumble
9. H. Singh
10. D. Kaneria
11. M. Asif

Would be extremely dangerous in the subcontinent with that potent spin attack, but would struggle abroad lacking any pace bowlers of quality outside of Asif. Would have liked to have picked another pacer, but can't think of any to merit bumping one of these spinners.
Pathan?

???

3 spinners?

???

Dravid opening?

???

You have Sehwag, and Harbhajan but no Tendulkar??

?????????

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given that Asif and Akhtar are out for the while.

Test Cricket
V Sehwag
Shoaib Malik
R Dravid *
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Younis Khan
Kamran Akmal +
A Kumble
Umar Gul
MM Patel
Danish Kaneria

That's right. No Sachin Tendulkar. Scathing. Not until he proves he's still got it in Tests.

ODI Cricket
SR Tendulkar
V Sehwag (given the lack of Pakistani options)
R Dravid *
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni +
Shahid Afridi
Harbhajan Singh
Umar Gul
Munaf Patel

Dravid

International Captain
shortpitched713 said:
Ind/Pak Test XI
1. V. Sehwag
2. R. Dravid*
3. Y. Khan
4. M. Yousuf
5. Inzamam-ul-Haq
6. K. Akmal+
7. I. Pathan
8. A. Kumble
9. H. Singh
10. D. Kaneria
11. M. Asif

This post makes me laugh.

adharcric

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Given that Asif and Akhtar are out for the while.

Test Cricket
V Sehwag
Shoaib Malik
R Dravid *
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Younis Khan
Kamran Akmal +
A Kumble
Umar Gul
MM Patel
Danish Kaneria

That's right. No Sachin Tendulkar. Scathing. Not until he proves he's still got it in Tests.
Brave call there with Tendulkar, but until he scores another test century, it's the correct one. Consider promoting Dravid as an opener so Younis can come up to #3 and Malik can come in at #6. Kaneria has probably outperformed Harbhajan in tests lately, but I'd usually opt for the Kumble-Bhajji pairing.
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
ODI Cricket
SR Tendulkar
V Sehwag (given the lack of Pakistani options)
R Dravid *
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Mohammad Yousuf
Yuvraj Singh
MS Dhoni +
Shahid Afridi
Harbhajan Singh
Umar Gul
Munaf Patel
Considering Sehwag has been inconsistent for a long time now and has consistently averaged around 32, he definitely needs to go; Malik can open. Put Yousuf at 4, Yuvraj at 5 and Inzy at 6. Replace Afridi with a seamer. On overall performance, it's Pathan easily; otherwise, you could opt for Agarkar (or Sreesanth, but his record isn't all that great ... or Rana, but he's usually all over the place).

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Purely down to lack of choice. As I've mentioned there are next to no good pace bowlers in the subcontinent right now, and I know you'll agree thats especially true in India. He's in cause in addition to softening up the new ball for the spinners, he can also bat adequately.

silentstriker said:
3 spinners?
Yes, who else possibly merits selection? Zaheer Khan? I was going to chose between Kaneria and Harbhajan, but there's no need. Both deserve selection in the team, all three spinners have very different styles, and the batting looks strong enough as it is. A third spinner in this case contributes far more than a pacer or a batsman.

silentstriker said:
Dravid opening?
I don't see any Indian or Pakistani openers raising their hand, and Dravid can do the job well enough, IMO.

silentstriker said:
You have Sehwag, and Harbhajan but no Tendulkar??
Yes. This is the current combined Test XI. Since Tendulkar has done nothing of note in Tests recently, I don't see why his non-selection would be so hard to understand.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Perm said:
The fact that Asif is not allowed to play makes it even more amusing.
I know that Asif is not playing, but I picked him because I couldn't think of anyone else even remotely qualified to take the new ball. Shoaib and Shabbir would have been dead certs over the current lot, but theres no guarantee that they'll ever play Test cricket again, whereas Asif is almost certainly going to be back in a Pakistani uniform in a year, barring injury.