• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Aus Domestic Comp

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
with Mark Waugh now playing for NSW i would say that they are very good chance of winning the comp this year (well they have to do better than last year anyway)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought NSW were a chance without him, now i think they are Certs to make the final...

It will be a QLD-NSW final in both comps now...
Unless, M.Clarke makes the OD team as expected and goes to the World Cup which is quite likely...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
WA are still a solid side but without katich i think they lack a little, they may make a final though too

M Waugh s FC average is 55 the best there is apart from bevan who is liek 57 so NSW will dominate with the bat :)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to remember that the world Cup squad will leave before the end of the Domestic season, so NSW will likely lose alot of players from this...

Bevan, McGrath, Lee, Haddin(Maybe), M.Clarke, Bracken(Maybe), S.Clark(Maybe), Katich(maybe), understandably the majority are away most of the time anyway but if they lose 3 of those 4 maybes which is quite possible then they would struggle to win the comp...

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
As you can see NSW is the Australian version of Surrey.

When NSW had about 7 players in the test XI at one stage, I asked a mate what he thought of the side and he replied,"There isn't enough New South Welshmen in it".

I know there are a couple of maybes there but I would only take Bevan, McGrath and Bracken with Clark (S) as the outsider. M Clarke may prove me wrong in the meantime as he has yet to prove himself in the one day game. Lee has never been good enough for one day cricket while Katich and Haddin are no chance at all.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by The Argonaut
As you can see NSW is the Australian version of Surrey.

When NSW had about 7 players in the test XI at one stage, I asked a mate what he thought of the side and he replied,"There isn't enough New South Welshmen in it".

I know there are a couple of maybes there but I would only take Bevan, McGrath and Bracken with Clark (S) as the outsider. M Clarke may prove me wrong in the meantime as he has yet to prove himself in the one day game. Lee has never been good enough for one day cricket while Katich and Haddin are no chance at all.
See i think that with the tough workload on Gilchrist Haddin may be taken as a backup, M.Clarke will be a definate starter i think and of the rest i think Bracken will go...

So of the NSW team i think these will be at the WC...

Bevan
McGrath
Lee(not by choice)
M.Clarke
B.Haddin
Bracken

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yep, Haddin is definatley the backup for the OD'ers M Clarke will prob make the OD series squad this aussie summer, he is definatley teh up and commer with teh bat this summer - he has batted well in all the NSw games so far (OD INCLUDED) Brett lee is a fantastic bowler when he is mor relaxed

Katich is also a chance but im not so sure cause i think there is already enough batsman in the squad

Andre

International Regular
I can categorically assure you the Brad Haddin will NOT be at the World Cup. In a fifteen man squad, they will not take an extra keeper. If anything, Langer will be the backup batsman and keeper. As for Bracken, hes in a race with Williams/Clark/Fleming for that final pacemans spot. Shane Harwood may also emerge....

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think the squad wil look like this

Ponting
Gilchrist
Hayden
Maher
Martyn
Bevan
Clarke
Haddin

McGrath
Lee
Gillespie
Bichel
Warne
Bracken (left arm)
Cameron white (depends on how he goes this summer - would play 1 or 2 games vs crap sides) or
Hauritz

thats 15 and the rteserve keeper