Thread: Aus Domestic Comp

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!

Aus Domestic Comp

with Mark Waugh now playing for NSW i would say that they are very good chance of winning the comp this year (well they have to do better than last year anyway)
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

I thought NSW were a chance without him, now i think they are Certs to make the final...

It will be a QLD-NSW final in both comps now...
    Unless, M.Clarke makes the OD team as expected and goes to the World Cup which is quite likely...

WA are still a solid side but without katich i think they lack a little, they may make a final though too

M Waugh s FC average is 55 the best there is apart from bevan who is liek 57 so NSW will dominate with the bat

You have to remember that the world Cup squad will leave before the end of the Domestic season, so NSW will likely lose alot of players from this...

Bevan, McGrath, Lee, Haddin(Maybe), M.Clarke, Bracken(Maybe), S.Clark(Maybe), Katich(maybe), understandably the majority are away most of the time anyway but if they lose 3 of those 4 maybes which is quite possible then they would struggle to win the comp...

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    As you can see NSW is the Australian version of Surrey.

When NSW had about 7 players in the test XI at one stage, I asked a mate what he thought of the side and he replied,"There isn't enough New South Welshmen in it".

I know there are a couple of maybes there but I would only take Bevan, McGrath and Bracken with Clark (S) as the outsider. M Clarke may prove me wrong in the meantime as he has yet to prove himself in the one day game. Lee has never been good enough for one day cricket while Katich and Haddin are no chance at all.

Originally posted by The Argonaut
    As you can see NSW is the Australian version of Surrey.

When NSW had about 7 players in the test XI at one stage, I asked a mate what he thought of the side and he replied,"There isn't enough New South Welshmen in it".

I know there are a couple of maybes there but I would only take Bevan, McGrath and Bracken with Clark (S) as the outsider. M Clarke may prove me wrong in the meantime as he has yet to prove himself in the one day game. Lee has never been good enough for one day cricket while Katich and Haddin are no chance at all.
    See i think that with the tough workload on Gilchrist Haddin may be taken as a backup, M.Clarke will be a definate starter i think and of the rest i think Bracken will go...

So of the NSW team i think these will be at the WC...

Bevan
    McGrath
    Lee(not by choice)
    M.Clarke
    B.Haddin
    Bracken

yep, Haddin is definatley the backup for the OD'ers M Clarke will prob make the OD series squad this aussie summer, he is definatley teh up and commer with teh bat this summer - he has batted well in all the NSw games so far (OD INCLUDED) Brett lee is a fantastic bowler when he is mor relaxed

Katich is also a chance but im not so sure cause i think there is already enough batsman in the squad

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    I'd have thought that the back up keeper would be Ryan Campbell. He was last year and player fine.

Haddin is way better than Campbell

I can categorically assure you the Brad Haddin will NOT be at the World Cup. In a fifteen man squad, they will not take an extra keeper. If anything, Langer will be the backup batsman and keeper. As for Bracken, hes in a race with Williams/Clark/Fleming for that final pacemans spot. Shane Harwood may also emerge....

i think the squad wil look like this

Ponting
    Gilchrist
    Hayden
    Maher
    Martyn
    Bevan
    Clarke
    Haddin

McGrath
    Lee
    Gillespie
    Bichel
    Warne
    Bracken (left arm)
    Cameron white (depends on how he goes this summer - would play 1 or 2 games vs crap sides) or
    Hauritz

thats 15 and the rteserve keeper

International Debutant
    there is no way they will leave ot watson agremaster.

Thread Information