• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Article on Ponting - Kumar Sangakkar

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If you hear him speak, you'll see he's fairly comfortably the most articulate int'l cricketer around at the moment. Top bloke, and he's written a very good article here.

Gotta love Kumar.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
A very well written article. Gives a good insight from a contemporary rival.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sangakkara and Gilchrist are the most listenable guys out there I think. I hope they both become commentators.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, can imagine Gilchrist commentating.

*batsmen just knicked one to second slip*

"Really, to be honest, I think he should have cut it over third man for 6."

"Er, I think that's just you, Adam."

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sangakkarra would definately make a good commentator after he retires, he is very well spoken and a knowledgeable man. Gilchrist wouldn't perhaps be as good but it would be worth looking into when he let's the game go.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely a good read, but he could've done without packing hundreds of cliche's into one article .:)

Legglancer

State Regular
JASON said:
Definitely a good read, but he could've done without packing hundreds of cliche's into one article .:)
of course so typical of Jason..... has to find something amiss just for the sake of it.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Legglancer said:
of course so typical of Jason..... has to find something amiss just for the sake of it.
Its definitely a 1000 times better effort than Aravinda's biography ....which is a very difficult read....:laugh:

chipmonk

U19 Debutant
JASON said:
Its definitely a 1000 times better effort than Aravinda's biography ....which is a very difficult read....:laugh:
I have been looking for that book, especially when I was visiting Sri Lanka this year ... Could not find it any where. Lakehouse, Sarasaviya, Vijitha Yapa ....no luck. Bought Mahanama'a Retired Hurt though.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Legglancer said:
Haha, he's right though. Mind you, it still puts him at the same level of about 90% of professional sports writers (he's certainly ahead of many players who have their own columns, and who often use ghost-writers), so he's more than qualified to be a regular columnist.

The breathless "one of the most articulate cricketers in the world" description down the bottom is kinda funny - I guess quite a few aren't that well-spoken, although cricketers in general are actually pretty good compared to a lot of footballers (well, AFL anyway, with a few notable exceptions).

howardj

International Coach
Good to see a positive thread on Ponting.

He does come in for much criticism - some of it deserved, some of it not.

An absolute champion cricket player.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Good article by Kumar! Never knew he could write. Crickters always suprise you in that way; look at Inzamam; when he speaks on t.v, u wud never think that he could write a column in a newspaper. But he did!

(Not sure if it was in english though! :laugh: )

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great to see a positive article written on any cricketer of late TBH. Sick of reading about ball tampering, druggo's etc. Whats even more pleasing to see that it's a current international cricket writing about a rival player. Great Stuff Kumar!!!