• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ranking the Bowlers

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
McGrath, till he gets in.

What the hell more does he have to do? He has outstanding figures vs. virtually everyone, in virtually all places, against the top batsmen of each side.

No he isn't as explosive as some of the others, but he takes wickets, and he takes them by the bunch. I thought that was the point?

shortpitched713

International Captain
Murali by a fair margin in my opinion, but Warne, Hadlee, and McGrath are up there too.

Also, I don't like the 8 vote rule at all. Marshall sneaks in in a little over 3 hours? Thats not the way to select the greatest bowler of all time, IMO. There was not time at all for any discussion.

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
If not Marshall then Mcgrath for number #2. BTW I think it is kinda erroneous to be comparing spinners to pacemen just my opinion. Mcgrath because he is just as consistent as Marshall and he has done this in a pretty batsman friendly era. Nails 66% of top order wickets, plus he has that innate ability to nail the oppositions best batsman. His stats are outstanding and I must give him kudos for his longevity. So Mcgrath for #2

adharcric

International Coach
shortpitched713 said:
Also, I don't like the 8 vote rule at all. Marshall sneaks in in a little over 3 hours? Thats not the way to select the greatest bowler of all time, IMO. There was not time at all for any discussion.
Thanks for the feedback. I've just removed that 8-vote rule as Warne could have gotten the next 3 votes (for #1) and Marshall would only have lead 8-6. My bad.
I think I was afraid there wouldn't be enough votes so I stuck that in there, but this thread seems to be flourishing so I'll remove the 25-vote limit as well.
I'll only call it off before the 3-day limit if someone has a majority AND a 5+ lead (and minimum 15 votes total).

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
nightprowler10 said:
Marshall for mine. Saqlain and Qadir should've been in the list too.
Marshall has already been voted in as #1. This is the vote for the #2 bowler of all-time.

adharcric

International Coach
Just over 24 hours to go (2-day period) and Warne-Murali-McGrath are running very close. Let's get the votes in people!

adharcric

International Coach
I'll go with Murali over McGrath by the slightest of margins. Both are unbelievably brilliant in every way, but Murali did it without support so that tilts the scales IMO.