• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Some thing about the Cricket Boards !

Better Performing Cricket Board ?

• Total voters

FRAZ

International Captain
Which board of its respective nation has done more for the cricket and less for the BS !
I mean which cricket board has done some positive efforts regarding the infrastructure and the one which is most well behaved and well managed and is thinking seriously for the betterment of the team and is allocating proper funds to the places where it is most needed . And the one which has lesser naive politics involved inside the management and the players.And the one which is investing well in the future of the game ?
P.S. Generating a better performing team is not the basic issue over here

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
Which board of its respective nation has done more for the cricket and less for the BS !
I mean which cricket board has done some positive efforts regarding the infrastructure and the one which is most well behaved and well managed and is thinking seriously for the betterment of the team and is allocating proper funds to the places where it is most needed... And the one which is investing well in the future of the game ?
P.S. Generating a better performing team is not the basic issue over here
Thought that a good performing team would be a logical progression from good management. Therefore it's Australia

FRAZ

International Captain
Slats4ever said:
Thought that a good performing team would be a logical progression from good management. Therefore it's Australia
Offcourse it is a great team . Reason why I chose South African board is that the pressure that they have in the selections plus social pressures plus they have limited resources and still they perform really well . Try to give the captaincy to hmmm lets say Asif (If was available) in the Pakistani side and see how the board will convince the players to follow him . Smith is an example there and his issue was handeled superbly!

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
The question was better performing board ? Dunno if they all suck or not but lets say the board which is lesser sucky!!!

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FRAZ said:
Offcourse it is a great team . Reason why I chose South African board is that the pressure that they have in the selections plus social pressures plus they have limited resources and still they perform really well . Try to give the captaincy to hmmm lets say Asif (If was available) in the Pakistani side and see how the board will convince the players to follow him . Smith is an example there and his issue was handeled superbly!
You chose a board which has a history of picking players on the basis of a quota policy?

adharcric

International Coach
Let's see ...

Not WI - they keep getting complaints from Lara about disagreements
Not NZ - don't schedule enough matches
Not IND - more controversy and less progress, don't spend money well
Not PAK - no explanation necessary
Not SL - too much politics in this board as well
Not SA - as mentioned above

That leaves England and Australia. I'll go with the Aussies since they are professional, know how to handle talent and generally don't **** up selections.

Therefore, Australia has the "lesser sucky" (in the words of Fraz) cricketing board. :)
They also have the best batsmen, the best bowlers, the best fielders and the best grounds. :-O

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
You chose a board which has a history of picking players on the basis of a quota policy?
yeah can't believe Fraz missed that.
Australia it is.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Most are grossly incompetent for reasons well listed by adharcric. Leaves ECB & CA, and I've had far too much paperwork crap emanating in my direction from Lord's to vote for them.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sanz said:
I think ECB does a very fair job over all.
We are of the opinion that in a few years time our club will be kicked out of the league because it doesn't have a junior section/womens section/enough "players of colour".. I'm sure Neil will be able to elaborate about some of this paperwork thats been going around.. Absolute disgrace

adharcric

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Not sure which board to vote for, probably New Zealand because they are the least worst..
Do they accomplish anything of note though? Not organizing matches for your national team is just as bad as playing politics IMO. Why not CA?

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I would have to say the ECB. I don't think the 'best team' argument flies, because the WI were obviously dominant in the 70's and 80's but I don't think the board was all that world class.

On the other hand, ECB has a fantastic domestic system and great management. I think they are the gold standard.

FRAZ

International Captain
Pasag would you please explain the allocation of one important vote ? This vote would have been used in some positive areas !!!!!!

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
I think ECB does a very fair job over all.
I guess one of the few blunders or un-fair play (which are quite rare by ECB) were to demand money for the Oval incident from PCB .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
silentstriker said:
I would have to say the ECB. I don't think the 'best team' argument flies, because the WI were obviously dominant in the 70's and 80's but I don't think the board was all that world class.

On the other hand, ECB has a fantastic domestic system and great management. I think they are the gold standard.
I wouldn't call the domestic system "fantastic" personally.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I wouldn't call the domestic system "fantastic" personally.
Well its easily the best in the world. So I don't know what else you'd call that. Unless you are arguing its the least worst of a bad bunch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Okay, I'm interested to know why you think it's the best in the world? I'm open-minded on this. I've never really thought of it as anything special, but I've never compared it to any other either.

Langeveldt

Soutie
adharcric said:
Do they accomplish anything of note though? Not organizing matches for your national team is just as bad as playing politics IMO. Why not CA?
You mean the Commonwealth Bank?