• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Batting Line up you can think of

archie mac

International Coach
Not sure if CC was planning this or not? But thought this would compliment his thread.

You should include six batsman and a WK, one of your batsman may be an AR, I know that will give you 12 players (when combined with CCs 5 but I don't think that is the idea of the exercise)

Bradman
WG Grace
Hobbs
Hammond
Viv Richards
Keith Miller (ar)
Les Ames

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gavaskar
Greenidge
Bradman
Viv
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist

Purely just off the top of my head. Looks pretty good though. :)

FRAZ

International Captain
Sunil Gavaskar
Sachin Tendulkar
Sir Donald Bradman
Brian Charles Lara
Sir Viv Richards
Ricky Ponting
Imran Khan (Five down)
Adam Gilchrist (Six down)
Abdul Razzaq (Seven down)

Slifer

International Captain
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
SRT
G Chapell
Sobers(AR)
Gilchrist

ps Dont know some of u left out the very obvious GAry Sobers, easily the best batting allrounder of all time

Slifer

International Captain
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
SRT
G Chapell
Sobers(AR)
Gilchrist

ps Dont know some of u left out the very obvious GAry Sobers, easily the best batting allrounder of all time

Slifer

International Captain
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
SRT
G Chapell
Sobers(AR)
Gilchrist

ps Dont know y some of u left out the very obvious GAry Sobers, easily the best batting allrounder of all time

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
archie mac said:
I thought you were a Lara man?
I didn't know you had to be one or the other? :)

Anyway, Sachin is in my avatar, I'm an Indian supporter, and I don't recall ever saying I preferred Lara over Sachin. I've generally said I can't split them, but I prefer Sachin's compactness and beautiful stroke-range than Lara's flashy ones, particularly in the team I made where I've got a few aggressive bats in Viv, Gilly and arguably Greenidge.

Lara and Sachin are my two fav batsmen I've ever watched, but I reckon Viv would have been my all-time fav had I got to see more of him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
1. Gavaskar
2. Hobbs
3. Bradman
4. Tendulkar
5. Richards
6. Sobers
7. Gilchrist
You stole my team, except Richards for Chappell. I know you want to be just like me, so I'll forgive you. :p

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
You stole my team, except Richards for Chappell. I know you want to be just like me, so I'll forgive you. :p
Do you want another Afridi or not? :p

p.s. Great minds think alike. :cool:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Hutton
Gavaskar
Bradman
Lara
Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist

Heavy on West Indians, but is only fair with some legends in that middle order.

archie mac

International Coach
Jono said:
I didn't know you had to be one or the other? :)

Anyway, Sachin is in my avatar, I'm an Indian supporter, and I don't recall ever saying I preferred Lara over Sachin. I've generally said I can't split them, but I prefer Sachin's compactness and beautiful stroke-range than Lara's flashy ones, particularly in the team I made where I've got a few aggressive bats in Viv, Gilly and arguably Greenidge.

Lara and Sachin are my two fav batsmen I've ever watched, but I reckon Viv would have been my all-time fav had I got to see more of him.
No, not that you had Tendulkar, but that you could not find room for Lara, as I remember you saying he was one of the best to watch

It is funny how some people prefer one over the other, and then rubbish the other :wacko:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Barry Richards
2. Jack Hobbs
3. Don Bradman
4. Graeme Pollock
5. George Headley
6. Gary Sobers
7. Clyde Walcott

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
All time
Gavaskar
Hobbs
Bradman
Richards
Chappell
Sobers
Gilchrist

And using only players I've watched extensively:
Kirsten
Hayden
Dravid
Ponting
Lara
S. Waugh
Gilchrist

Torn about the first opening spot. Could have a few others in there.