• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Ball Six, Who Do You Turn To?

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff or Pietersen for me. Strong guys, and if it hits an edge as they might go for 6. If they get hold of it, it'll go for 6.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All-time, Klusener.

Currently, Pietersen. As Jamee said, big strong guy who has the talent and eye to get it in the middle, however if he doesn't, a top edge will likely do the job.

Fusion

Global Moderator
From the curent lot? I say Afridi or Dhoni. I reckon if they know that they have only one ball to face, and have to hit a six off it, they would probably do cart wheels and then hit a massive six.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Pietersen. The likes of Afridi and Dhoni probably have as a high a chance of any of hitting a six once they've got going, but they're too hit-and-miss. When Pietersen pulls out his big shot he generally connects.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Justin Kemp - Never thought I'd be more impressed by someone than Klusener, whilst not as brilliant an ODI batsman, I'd rate Kemp's death hitting as just better..

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Most of the batsmen above are too hit and miss. I'd turn to someone who hits the ball more often than not. Pieterson is a good one, maybe even classical batsmen like Tendulkar/Ponting.

Really, any decent batsman at the international level can hit a six. The issue is who is most likely to make contact with the ball? I'd always take a frontline batsman over a 'pinch hitter' IMO.

Not Dhoni or Afridi unless the pitch is an absolute flat track batting paradise.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Pietersen or Dhoni. Both of them are powerful, aggresive and creative.
Pietersen can hit it out against any bowler, even Murali and McGrath.
Dhoni can hit it out against any ball, even a yorker on occasion.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The first question must be, has it been done before and if so by who?

Of the top of my head I can think of Miandad (Ind vs Pak) and Brendan Taylor this year vs Bangladesh.

So of current players the answer is obviously Brendan Taylor. He has shown he can.

EDIT- YouTube footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipaQ_JUDA4U
Interesting to see CWebbers chirping in the comments :p

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Goughy said:
The first question must be, has it been done before and if so by who?

Of the top of my head I can think of Miandad (Ind vs Pak) and Brendan Taylor this year vs Bangladesh.

So of current players the answer is obviously Brendan Taylor
Asif Mushtaba (spelling?) hit Steve Waugh for a last ball 6 to win a ODI in Hobart in, I think 1989-90.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay I want to turn this into a short game thats why for now I am going to name Pieterson as the winner, based on majority of the votes, if anyone else has someone else in mind please give a good reason why.

In other words, as I mentioned I want to turn this into a short mini game, but I need to know who the winner of this question is first(which batter)?

You guys agree with Pieterson as the number one choice?

Last edited: