• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Razzaq best bowler in CURRENT Pak squad and ranked 35th!!

shortpitched713

International Captain
He could be a key bowler in the upcoming series against the West Indies. The pace department isn't necesarily laking in talent, with Gul and Samiullah Khan looking to be promising prospects, but it is lacking in experience, and thats what an old war horse like Razzaq can provide. I might take a gamble and give him the new ball.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
nightprowler10 said:
Is Danish Kaneria not in the squad?

Thats what I was wondering. Kaneria is ranked 19th in tests while Razzaq is 30th. He's also given us a link to the ODI ratings where, if you look properly, Afridi and ul-Hasan are ahead of Razzaq.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
NZTailender said:
Thats what I was wondering. Kaneria is ranked 19th in tests while Razzaq is 30th. He's also given us a link to the ODI ratings where, if you look properly, Afridi and ul-Hasan are ahead of Razzaq.
But they not in the current Test squad, I am talking about the current squad.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
NZTailender said:
:lol:

Lol, this reminds me of the bit in Family Guy where Peter Griffin is trying to convince Tom Tucker that he was hit by a car and is now disabled. Tucker picks out about 3 things wrong with his evidence.

FRAZ

International Captain
Jono said:

Lol, this reminds me of the bit in Family Guy where Peter Griffin is trying to convince Tom Tucker that he was hit by a car and is now disabled. Tucker picks out about 3 things wrong with his evidence.
Textillent Jono!!!!!!!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
But they not in the current Test squad, I am talking about the current squad.
If you take away the three top bowlers (Shoaib, Asif and Kaneria in this case) why should it be surprising that the next best (or fourth best in Pakistan in a way) is 35th in the world. I think 35th for the 4th ranked bowler in Pakistan is pretty good in fact :sleep:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Jono said:

Hahaha, everytime I see that bit I laugh hard without fail.

"And if we slow it down and pause here we can see that it's you driving the car"

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
SJS said:
If you take away the three top bowlers (Shoaib, Asif and Kaneria in this case) why should it be surprising that the next best (or fourth best in Pakistan in a way) is 35th in the world. I think 35th for the 4th ranked bowler in Pakistan is pretty good in fact :sleep:
Even then he is actually ranked 30th and Umar Gul is 34th.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
he should be given the new ball

last time he led the bowling he took 5 wickets vs lanka in 2004

hes still good enough to be an opening bowler