• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Polly Umrigar passes away at 80

archie mac

International Coach
The grand old man of Indian cricket, rip:)

Just to let you know a couple of rogue ? have slipped into your article:ph34r:

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
archie mac said:
The grand old man of Indian cricket, rip:)

Just to let you know a couple of rogue ? have slipped into your article:ph34r:
Ah, using the new unconfigured laptop. Thanks.

archie mac

International Coach
Jungle Jumbo said:
Ah, using the new unconfigured laptop. Thanks.
I wonder if the day will come when we won't have to worry about these things. Every now and again I forget when I make a quote and there it is ?We will the Ashes? :@

Very annoying but keeps us on out toes I suppose:D

FRAZ

International Captain
Considering the fact that he was the top scorer from the country until 1978 (record only to be broken by the legend Sunil in 1978) and was the first one from India to score a double century . And also there were so many good batsmen India had in those days but he out shined them easily,The gentleman did extremely well for his respective nation and it indeed is a great loss . And again he had to step back due to some internal politics regarding selection of the team against a mighty Windies side in the early 60's. Damn you Sub continent cricket authority !!!!
anyways RIP!!!

Dravid

International Captain
That's really sad. RIP Umrigar. First Indian batsman to get 200, and an all time Indian great.