• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Constructive measures ?

FRAZ

International Captain
Off course a great side it has been in the past calender year and was a true number 2 !!! But after the following recent incidents e.g. Some problems by an Umpire , Some mistakes by ICC , Some brutal mistakes by the players , Change of presidency , Captaincy conspiracy , Shahid Afridi's blast on Younis (a little while ago), Selection blunders , Laid off great captain , Chucking problems with one key youngster, Future selection blunders , Being a top ODI side in the past and not been able to pass the first round of ICC trophy !
Pakistani team turned zero from hero in only 5 months or so . Now a lot depends upon the board and the captain . So what should be done from here on to avoid the further decline ?

Last edited:

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the simple answer to the question is just to simply play better and stop on the EPO.

R_D

International Debutant
is this a common thing in cricketweb... that a bunch of idiots form a groups and start following people around and trying to make a mockery out of their every post ?
Where are the mods... shouldn't they be doing somthing to stop this or is this a norm in cricketweb?

James

Cricket Web Owner
R_D said:
is this a common thing in cricketweb... that a bunch of idiots form a groups and start following people around and trying to make a mockery out of their every post ?
Where are the mods... shouldn't they be doing somthing to stop this or is this a norm in cricketweb?
No, it most certainly isn't, and thanks to the person who reported it.

If you guys who have responded to this thread want to act this way, do it somewhere else, not on these forums or warnings which turn into bannings will start appearing. This is a friendly warning, don't let it turn into something more....

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
In reply to the topic, I think you are over reacting Fraz. Consider the following. We were in a group that was extremely competitive. At full strength, all four teams were as good as each other. I think its fair to say that Pakistan were favorites to get eliminated after the pace duo got kicked out of the squad. On top of which our captain was missing. Really, I was expecting Pakistan to lose.

In answer to your question, the only thing that really needs changing is the domestic structure which is pretty much a mess. The only reason we were ever really one of the top teams was due to the sheer talent of our players, not the grooming they recieved in our domestic structure.

FRAZ

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
In reply to the topic, I think you are over reacting Fraz. Consider the following. We were in a group that was extremely competitive. At full strength, all four teams were as good as each other. I think its fair to say that Pakistan were favorites to get eliminated after the pace duo got kicked out of the squad. On top of which our captain was missing. Really, I was expecting Pakistan to lose.

In answer to your question, the only thing that really needs changing is the domestic structure which is pretty much a mess. The only reason we were ever really one of the top teams was due to the sheer talent of our players, not the grooming they recieved in our domestic structure.
lol You know what ! Same here cuz this was the first time in my life when I really thought that Pakistan CAN not win this ODI tournament. Yeah , you are right about the talent thing which is absolutely right . You know what Imran has a valid point regarding Sami and guess what ? Imran says that "A bowler who can bowl at 90 miles per hour is bound to take wickets" . Can you check the Sami's initial patches of success ? It was definately his pace which earned him the few wickets .