• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which series package would you purchase?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
A great deal, you are allowed to watch ONLY one tour, which one would it be?

England vs Australia (5 Test series followed by 5 ODI matches)

India vs Pakistan (5 Test series followed by 5 ODI matches)

or the high profiled intense series Zimbabwe vs Ashraful and Co. (Same as the rest)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ashes, easily.

Just the five Test matches. Its painful to watch England in ODI's.

India/Pakistan have played way too much lately, and that content just doesn't have the same pull anymore. I'd rather have India win outside the subcontinent (i.e in South Africa) than have them win in Pakistan again.

But anyway, I am looking forward to the Ashes like none before. Can't wait, so I would definatly pick that.

And I paid over $100 to watch it on DirectTV, and I'm not even a fan of England/Australia!

Should be wonderful cricket.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait let me make this more interesting...

It's been 10 years since these teams have played against each other, now which one would you go for?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:

It's been 10 years since these teams have played against each other, now which one would you go for?

Still the next Ashes, considering how good the last ones were. If we are back to the 90's where one side is dominant, then India/Pakistan.

For me, high quality, competitive test cricket trumps anything and everything else. I don't care if its India/Pakistan, WC final or whatever else. Give me evenly matched Test cricket between two high quality teams, and I need nothing else.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Turbinator said:

i'd go for ind/pak easily! One because im an indian fan, but also because the cricket is more exciting. Both teams are as good as each other.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Ashes, easily.

Just the five Test matches. Its painful to watch England in ODI's.

India/Pakistan have played way too much lately, and that content just doesn't have the same pull anymore. I'd rather have India win outside the subcontinent (i.e in South Africa) than have them win in Pakistan again.

But anyway, I am looking forward to the Ashes like none before. Can't wait, so I would definatly pick that.

And I paid over $100 to watch it on DirectTV, and I'm not even a fan of England/Australia!

Should be wonderful cricket.
Should have went the cheaper way, not going to say it but I'm sure you know what it is.

DirectTV and Dishnetwork cost WAY TOO much.

Nishant

International 12th Man
open365 said:
^ ANd last years ashes was a complete snorefest wasn't it?

How many times have england been completely blown away by the aussies? And are u telling me that this years ashes will be as exciting as last year's? It being a snorefest[/Iis not exactly how i'd put it...but an ind/pak series will beat it any day!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Besides my outspoken bias for all things English, you only have to look at the quality of the last year's Ashes, then the quality of this years Ind-Pak Test series....it's a no-brainer for me.

Even when we were getting trounced, there were good series. 97 was pretty good, and I think I remember 98-99 being alright.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dravid said:
Should have went the cheaper way, not going to say it but I'm sure you know what it is.

DirectTV and Dishnetwork cost WAY TOO much.

Yea, except I am inviting all my friends and family who like cricket to my house to watch on the 65 inch big wide screen TV :).

Freddie running upto bowl on that thing should be outstanding!

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Nishant said:
How many times have england been completely blown away by the aussies? And are u telling me that this years ashes will be as exciting as last year's? It being a snorefest[/Iis not exactly how i'd put it...but an ind/pak series will beat it any day!

How would you know? Since 1990 (thats nearly 17 years for those that cannot count) India have played Pakistan in only 12 Test matches.Since 1990 Eng have played Aus 42 times. There is little primary evidence to judge a India/Pakistan series on.

Admittedly they are more frequent recently, but of the recent games 1/3 have been draws and there is not enough games to compare it to the Ashes.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Yea, except I am inviting all my friends and family who like cricket to my house to watch on the 65 inch big wide screen TV :).

Freddie running upto bowl on that thing should be outstanding!
Ah yes, the need to watch it on a big screen TV always changes your mind and makes you buy it off Direct or Dishnetwork.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I completely agree with Nishant, you not only have a blast with the test series but the ODI series adds even more excitement. The kind of excitement you will not be able to find in England Aussie ODIs because England are gonna get completely destroyed. Secondly, when it comes to the test series, last year's kind of Ashes our witnessed once in a blue moon. England, gaurunteed, won't be able to provide that kind of competition against Australia for a long time to come. So basically most of the time, the Ashes don't compare to India Pak series. Just because last years ashes was competitive doesn't mean it can overtake the excitement of India Pak series.

...But then again the Indian in me is speaking...If I was British or Aussie, I would've picked England vs Australia.

Maybe some neutral fans should answer this question.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Turbinator said:
I completely agree with Nishant, you not only have a blast with the test series but the ODI series adds even more excitement. The kind of excitement you will not be able to find in England Aussie ODIs because England are gonna get completely destroyed. Secondly, when it comes to the test series, last year's kind of Ashes our witnessed once in a blue moon. England, gaurunteed, won't be able to provide that kind of competition against Australia for a long time to come. So basically most of the time, the Ashes don't compare to India Pak series. Just because last years ashes was competitive doesn't mean it can overtake the excitement of India Pak series.

...But then again the Indian in me is speaking...If I was British or Aussie, I would've picked England vs Australia.

I'm pretty neutral regarding the type of cricket I watch, and the Ashes are just better. That Pakistan vs. India series was a disgrace...too many draws. It was cricket at its worst, compared with the Ashes in cricket at its best. No contest.

Xuhaib

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Besides my outspoken bias for all things English, you only have to look at the quality of the last year's Ashes, then the quality of this years Ind-Pak Test series....it's a no-brainer for me.

Even when we were getting trounced, there were good series. 97 was pretty good, and I think I remember 98-99 being alright.
Go and watch Pak-Ind 98-99 series it was even better then last summer's Ashes

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Certainly, having just checked the scorecards out, looks like two very good Test matches, but I can't buy into a 2 match series being rated as highly as last year's epic Ashes...just my opinion of course

Xuhaib

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Certainly, having just checked the scorecards out, looks like two very good Test matches, but I can't buy into a 2 match series being rated as highly as last year's epic Ashes...just my opinion of course
Actually there was a 3rd test as well but then was later decided that it would be part of the Asian Test championship instead of the current series, even that match turned out to be a real cliff-hanger

open365

International Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:

Like we got completely destroyed last year?