• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indoor Bodyline

Matt79

Global Moderator
When I play indoor cricket, my preferred line and length when I bowl is into the body and short enough to go through armpit high. Given that the nets make hooks and pulls low scoring propositions and players typically only when soft keeping inner gloves and a front pad, do people think that this is smart and effective, or am I being a jerk?

I've noticed I always cop plenty of short stuff when its my turn to bat, but doesn't worry me too much to be honest.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If you give it you have to take it. Do what you want really because you know they'll do the same to you.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Nah, good on you. The way indoor should be played. I try to bowl rib-length, but throwing up a full wide one occasionally works a treat. If you can bowl a decent yorker, it`s obviously not a bad idea. Mostly short stuff for mine. :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its how u r supposed to bowl in indoor, its not exactly as dangerous as doing it in outdoor because its anywhere near as hard..

deeps

International 12th Man
Indoor balls don't hurt anywhere near as much anyway

Go the yorkers, far more effective imo

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Problem is, if you drop it a bit shorter, or too full, decent batsmen will drive you for lots. Shorter stuff is arguably harder to punish.

andmark

International Captain
Matt79 said:
When I play indoor cricket, my preferred line and length when I bowl is into the body and short enough to go through armpit high. Given that the nets make hooks and pulls low scoring propositions and players typically only when soft keeping inner gloves and a front pad, do people think that this is smart and effective, or am I being a jerk?

I've noticed I always cop plenty of short stuff when its my turn to bat, but doesn't worry me too much to be honest.
Do you play with real balls.?