• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS: Hair removed from the Elite Panel

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/266825.html

Several Indian TV stations have carried reports quoting a source at the meeting in Mumbai. "It has been decided to remove Hair from the elite panel," the source said, adding that a formal announcement will be made on Saturday. "The Asian bloc comprising India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh tabled a motion at the meeting that Hair be taken off the panel. The motion was put to vote and was passed by a 7-3 majority.

"The four Asian nations plus South Africa, Zimbabwe and the West Indies voted against Hair. England, Australia and New Zealand wanted him to continue."
Nice to see Asia uniting for something worthwhile, for a change. And I bet his severance package won't include $500,000 either. ;)

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
This was on the radio several hours ago in the Uk but I didn't post anything because it was just a leak from an insider after the first day of the two day meeting ended and isn't yet official.

FRAZ

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Nice to see Asia uniting for something worthwhile, for a change. And I bet his severance package won't include $500,000 either. ;)
You see even a well planned and a combined riot in a mental hospital can extract some positive maeasures from the authoriuties !
They are not mental cases but they should realize what they are capable of and ranting "if no boundries then we are together" will not work and they gotta work as a common wealth !!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well, I'm happy if this is true. Hair was a bad umpire (my issue with him is nothing more than that). Cricket is better off without him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't expect it to happen to be perfectly honest, if he was going to be removed I thought it would have been just after the hearing.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
everyone should rejoice...just taking him off should raise the quality of the so-called elite panel....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Inevitable and appropriate given that decision was made in the same week as another ball tampering incident came to light.

BTW, I can only assume that Doctrove has gone as well. Wouldnt want anyone to accuse ICC of double standards 8-)