• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS: Hair removed from the Elite Panel

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Yes, the ball when it was switched was available for analysis.

However the ball from 5 overs or so previously was not - and only 2 people saw it, the 2 who decided to take action...
Marc what eventualy you want the decision to be ? And would you like to punish Pakistan for the Tampering at Oval?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As I've said all along - the only 2 people who know exactly what has happened are the 2 in the middle - they're the only ones who know the condition of the ball at the 2 points in time.

On one hand, I do find it hard to believe that anyone would make such an accusation without proof (simply because they would know the ramifications if there's no charge upheld), but on the other hand I appreciate that there's no footage to suggest that anything was done to the ball.

As for Hair, I think that the ICC have set him up badly (with the leaked email) and as soon as that happened, it was clear to me that he'd got no future in the game, regardless of whether he was right or not.

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
As I've said all along - the only 2 people who know exactly what has happened are the 2 in the middle - they're the only ones who know the condition of the ball at the 2 points in time.

On one hand, I do find it hard to believe that anyone would make such an accusation without proof (simply because they would know the ramifications if there's no charge upheld), but on the other hand I appreciate that there's no footage to suggest that anything was done to the ball.

As for Hair, I think that the ICC have set him up badly (with the leaked email) and as soon as that happened, it was clear to me that he'd got no future in the game, regardless of whether he was right or not.
Should I assume that you mean Pakistan were at fault at Oval (base of your worries) , And Darrel Hair if says "I will look for the other options if money is not paid , Then who was seting up ?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Assume what?

I've made my position on it all quite clear and haven't changed it.

As for the bit about Hair possibly saying something, what are you trying to say? He didn't say such things, and the email transcript (which I still suspect you've either not seen or are ignoring) states what's happened in the first sentence.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
Yes, the ball when it was switched was available for analysis.

However the ball from 5 overs or so previously was not - and only 2 people saw it, the 2 who decided to take action...
why did they decide to take action 5 overs late, then, Marc?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
Assume what?

I've made my position on it all quite clear and haven't changed it.

As for the bit about Hair possibly saying something, what are you trying to say? He didn't say such things, and the email transcript (which I still suspect you've either not seen or are ignoring) states what's happened in the first sentence.
the email only said "as we discussed" or something to that effect. What makes u so sure that Hair didn't initiate the offer?

And if Hair had initiated the offer, it is not so bad that the ICC set him up.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
why did they decide to take action 5 overs late, then, Marc?
That's not what I was saying.

What I am saying is that only 2 people know the condition of the ball 5 overs before the change - and that is never going to change since we cannot go back in time.

FRAZ

International Captain
marc71178 said:
That's not what I was saying.

What I am saying is that only 2 people know the condition of the ball 5 overs before the change - and that is never going to change since we cannot go back in time.
So concrete evidence is it for the action taken by Hair ? RIght ?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
So what was Hair, a visionary?

The guy applied the existing laws absolutely correctly
really! then how come the "visionary" didn't apply those same laws to all those other bowlers who were breaking those very same existing laws under his watch?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil said:
really! then how come the "visionary" didn't apply those same laws to all those other bowlers who were breaking those very same existing laws under his watch?
I think you can answer that yourself. Unless you honestly believe Murali's action looked the same as everyone else's at that time...there was no way Hair could be expected to pick up what is being referred to in the ICC's 'everybody chucks' statement, whereas I can certainly see why questions would have been asked about Murali's action in 1995. It's easy to say in hindsight that Murali was ok, but if anyone can say they knew 100% his action was fine by watching it back then they deserve the "visionary" tag.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
I think you can answer that yourself. Unless you honestly believe Murali's action looked the same as everyone else's at that time...there was no way Hair could be expected to pick up what is being referred to in the ICC's 'everybody chucks' statement, whereas I can certainly see why questions would have been asked about Murali's action in 1995. It's easy to say in hindsight that Murali was ok, but if anyone can say they knew 100% his action was fine by watching it back then they deserve the "visionary" tag.
right so you are saying no one really was a visionary back then....i agree...that's what my sarcasm implied as well...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anil said:
right so you are saying no one really was a visionary back then....i agree...that's what my sarcasm implied as well...
Which to me suggests that you'd have to call Murali's action based on what you saw.

I don't think anyone's a visionary now :D

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
Which to me suggests that you'd have to call Murali's action based on what you saw.

I don't think anyone's a visionary now :D
i never suggested i was one...i was just mocking the absurd notion that hair could be called one.....:)

...and what he saw and what a lot of people thought was later proved to be an optical illusion because under the old rules, there were plenty of other bowlers with supposedly smooth and silky actions who were actually flexing it more than murali(at least for his regular off spinner)....so what it suggests to you doesn't really mean much....:)