• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Commonwealth Bank one-day international team"

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
What the ****?! This is disgraceful to say the least. What's next, Pepsi International XI instead of Pakistan? I can only hope its a joke.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I can see Australian cricket losing fans because of this. I'm sure that Aussies will take it as an insult of sorts.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeah, that's really ordinary. Especially the fact that they've taken the term "Australia" away from the title - surely it could have at least been "Commonwealth Bank Australian Cricket Team" or something. Even commercially it would make more sense for the Comm Bank to reinforce the association between themselves and the Australian team, not just some regular muppet side.

cameeel

International Captain
nightprowler10 said:
I can see Australian cricket losing fans because of this. I'm sure that Aussies will take it as an insult of sorts.
It may be an insult, but no one who likes the sport is gong to boycott over a cash-grabbing decision by CA (even if it is a stupid one).

Aren't the Women's team already as know as the Commonwealth Bank something-or-others?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cameeel said:
It may be an insult, but no one who likes the sport is gong to boycott over a cash-grabbing decision by CA (even if it is a stupid one).

Aren't the Women's team already as know as the Commonwealth Bank something-or-others?
Southern Stars.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Doesn't really mean much, it's just a name...no-one is actually going to call them the "Commonwealth Bank One Day International" team - they'll still be known as Australia.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I am not really suprised, ICC cricket teams dont really represent their countries but their boards.

Josh

International Regular
Oh dear lord.

"So The Commonwealth Bank, in reply to Englands 287, are 0/17"

No, sorry. Just no.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dasa said:
Doesn't really mean much, it's just a name...no-one is actually going to call them the "Commonwealth Bank One Day International" team - they'll still be known as Australia.
I can promise you I will for the sheer immature hilarity of it all.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That is ridiculous, fair enough they want to have the ODI tournament named after them but naming the team after a sponsor is stupid.