• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"Commonwealth Bank one-day international team"

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
This sort of deal is not what you want to see happen but it will only be used in advertising for the Commonwealth Bank, I would imagine, in the same vein as Hawthorn (an AFL team) has signed a naming rights deal with the Tasmanian government to become the "Tassie Hawks".

But more importantly, this is a national team. It’s not supposed to be for sale. If you are an Australian fan working for a rival bank, how are you supposed to feel about this? A national team is for everyone.
Maybe it's just my personal attitude but I would think 95% of people that worked for the national bank, for instance, couldn't give a crap that it is named after a rival company. Work = $$$, very few people would have a personal attachment to the company they work for, especially a blood sucking bank.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yeah its pretty disgraceful, but lets not forget New Zealand have been called the CLEAR Black Caps for a while now.. Personally I'm waiting for the "Standard Bank MTN Greencaps"

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Josh said:
Oh dear lord.

"So The Commonwealth Bank, in reply to Englands 287, are 0/17"

No, sorry. Just no.
Definitely no.

There's no way England would make 287 in a 50 over game.

Josh

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Definitely no.

There's no way England would make 287 in a 50 over game.
lol!!

I suppose it's happened with the Wallabies (rugby union) in the past being referred to as the Voadafone Wallabies or the QANTAS Wallabies. Nevertheless, still a down-right disgrace!!