• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flintoff v/s other all-rounders (ODI figures)

bagapath

International Captain
flintoff should be my choice for an all time one day XI as an allrounder.

First XI

tendulkar
gilchrist (wk)
richards
kallis
jones
bevan
flintoff
akram
murali
garner
mcgrath

Second XI

ganguly
jayasuriya
ponting
lara
inzy
sangakkara (wk)
klusener
imran
saqlain
waqar
donald

EDIT: Perm! Thanks for pointing out the most horrendous error anyone can ever make in selecting a oneday team!!! I've corrected it.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No Michael Bevan? I don't think Flintoff would be the main all rounder in an All Time ODI XI to be perfectly honest.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Kluesener at his peak was a better ODI all-rounder, and there's a few others like Kapil who would have a good shout. Flintoff has a way to go I think.

oz_fan

International Regular
bagapath said:
flintoff should be my choice for an all time one day XI as an allrounder.

tendulkar
gilchrist (wk)
richards
lara/ponting
kallis
jones
flintoff
akram
murali
garner
mcgrath

12th man: Waqar
I would have a similar side to that except I would have Jones at 5 with Bevan at 6 and leave out Kallis. I'd also take either Shaun Pollock, Lance Klusener, Imran Khan or Kapil Dev for the all rounder spot ahead of Flintoff.

bagapath

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Kluesener at his peak was a better ODI all-rounder, and there's a few others like Kapil who would have a good shout. Flintoff has a way to go I think.
kapil's batting was a huge let down in one dayers.

225 198 39 3783 175* 23.79 1 14

Last edited: